How do you turn off your pc? (poll)

.....being that most of us here have built our own pc's...

Is it possible to buy an off the shelf system with a DFI mobo?

EDIT: A LanParty MoBo? I know DFI is or was big in the OEM market

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally shut mine down every night and use a Shutdown Shortcut.

Copy and paste this as the target in a shortcut, %windir%system32shutdown.exe -s -t 01

Although the button I use to boot up my computer will also shutdown Windows properly, I rarely use it for that. If I tried that with my old computer, it would simply turn off rather than shutdown.

PC's turn off? Shhhhhh, don't tell my wife that :)

24/7 for the most part. Gotta get my Folding@Home worker threads. But when I do shut down it's start/shutdown, unless a thunderstorm does it for me instead.

Wow. This thread would go nowhere if we all did things the same way. Mine goes on in the morning, and is turned off when I leave the house for more than a couple of hours, and just before going to bed at night.

Start > Shut Down> When the computer has shut down, I hit the on/off switch on my surge protector.

My DSL modem and router are not plugged into the surge protector, and are never turned off. I have one printer plugged into the surge protector, and one that is not, and is only turned on when I’m printing with it.

I flip the power swich on the PSU just so I can make windows even more messed up. J/K on off button for me ususaly.

I normaly fold all the time and dont turn it off but summer is here and dont need any extra heat.