new official BIOS 04/06/2006

hi all !

it seems that bios version is a good one !

everythig working ok until now

i think that this is the 0406 tweaked version made by oskar for OCZTony but without the improvements aded by Tony

the bios modules have the same size compared with 0406bta by OCZTony

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coolness, I will flash tonight. I hope this fixes the cold boot issue I am having...

BTW, The cold boot only occurs when I shut down using the power button by holding it for 4 seconds. After I do that I have to hit the rocker switch to the off position for a few seconds or untill the yellow lights turn off then I can hit the rocker switch to the on position, push the power button and everything is good again... crossing my fingers.

Hi

Flashed last night and now have the X 10 multi. I was never able to do anything much with X 10 till last night. Now at 292 X 10, 1M super pi and primed for 30 minutes only but still playing. I think the best I had with the 704-BT2A was about 270 X 10.

Regards

the major difference between the two versions is the CPC default value

in the OCZTony's modded bios that value is "disable" by default

in the official 0406 is "auto"

i don't know if that's the only one

Unfortunately this new BIOS did nothing for the imfamous warm boot scenario. Attempt to power back up after normal power down and you get the blinking LED loop of fun. Why can't they just fix this ridiculous standby power draw and be done with it. :confused:

Were these new "official" bioses pulled already? I don't see 'em anywhere on DFI's site (neither TW or US versions). I also looked in the beta BIOS section of the US site and found nothing. The TW links provided by Pyr0 show only previously known older BIOSes. What's going on here?

Were these new "official" bioses pulled already? I don't see 'em anywhere on DFI's site (neither TW or US versions). I also looked in the beta BIOS section of the US site and found nothing. The TW links provided by Pyr0 show only previously known older BIOSes. What's going on here?

Ya seriously Ive been looking everywhere.....

Same here, can someone put us up a proper link to the new bioses, Please