Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

My 2 raptors are in good health but the system will still lockup for briefly 1-2 seconds and then resume ok and event viewer is reporting both paging error and time out on the uli raid device

"An error was detected on device DeviceHarddisk0D during a paging operation.

"

"The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period."

I wonder if the uli raid has a compatibility issue with western digital hard drives?

Is anyone else having issues with the uli raid?

Edit: Maybe i should start fresh raid and change the stripe size from 16 to 64-128k?

I have just begun experiencing this problem. The first time it happened I didn't know what was going on and I just shut off my machine. It appeared to be hard locked on the Hard Drive and I couldn't do anything. It was also accompanied by a horrible sound coming out of the speakers. (I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 4). When it happened the second time I waited a few seconds before I did anything and suddenly (I was playing WoW at the time) the machine stopped doing it and the screen flashed as the pc tried to catch up with everything I had missed. When I checked the event viewer I had exactly the same message as you. Did not respond, and Drive D. Afterwards my sound was flaky for a few more seconds but the major interruption did not occur again.. I am running a Raid 0+1 with four drives and am also as of right now unable to get Crossfire to work. Given some of the other posts i've read I'm wondering how much of a problem this ULi Raid control is going to be.

I'm not running RAID but I do have a raptor drive in a SATA channel... I'm also experiencing some brief 'slow downs' accompanied by strange sound from the speakers.

Actually, I can record the sound it especially happens when I load up Speedfan and it scans the raptor drive.

http://www.seriosgaming.com/strange_cfx3200.avi

You can hear in the music everytime I refresh the Raptor info.

2*1024 Crucial Balistix pc4000 2g kit@ 300mhz 33381 3.04 v

while I am not trying to say there couldn't possibly be a problem with the motherboard (God knows these new boards with new chipsets can always be the ugliest of parties to go to), this is the first thing I would check. These 2GB Ballistix kits are well known to die early deaths.

If you are are sure it isn't your memory however (and for those of you that don't have this memory and are sure that your memory is working properly), I would continue to play with the settings, or RMA the board, or use a single drive until there's some kind of acknowledgement of this problem and either a BIOS update from DFI (or ATI to DFI then to you) or driver update from ATI to fix this situation.

Those of you having the problem on both the ATI and SI3114 controller...it is either your settings (or memory) or the motherboard.

This weekend I'm just not going to get around to much other than some posting tomorrow, but I'll work on this during the week and see what I can come up with.

Hi,

I have Corsair 3500LL Pro, and 2 WD 250gb Sata II HD's in raid 0 on the ULI controller, I get the lock ups once an hour for about 5 seconds. SO I doubt it's the ram, there is definatley some kind of timing issue. It's kinda similar to the Asus A8r32-mvp lockups in games with the original bios, only those would hapeen every 10 seconds or so. My guess is that further bios refinement is needed.

Raja

So much for overclocking with this board? I tried turning the FSB Bus Frequency to 217 (which Corsair recommends for my memory) and I get repeated crashing in games. This same setting was perfectly stable with my Asus A8R32 MVP for 3GHz out of my 2.8GHz FX-57. Any ideas?

Guest eva2000
So much for overclocking with this board? I tried turning the FSB Bus Frequency to 217 (which Corsair recommends for my memory) and I get repeated crashing in games. This same setting was perfectly stable with my Asus A8R32 MVP for 3GHz out of my 2.8GHz FX-57. Any ideas?

everytime you get a new motherboard or cpu or ram always retest from scratch each component as it can change from board to board or cpu to cpu for AMD64 - i use my guide at http://i4memory.com/AMD64 everytime i test a new board, cpu or ram for AMD64 platform :)

While the settings may not be always the same the test process involves the same procedures - memtest first, then windows testing

Guest eva2000

Swapped out my 146 CAB2E 0540FPMW cpu for my 148 CABYE 0543FPMW for the higher 11x cpu multiplier and came across a weird thing not sure if it's related to the Odd Divisor Correct (i don't even have it enabled) outlined at http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95860

Further info on Odd Divisor Correct:

This function always rounds your Ram divider to an even number, so if you are running 1:1 with an Odd CPU multi, your ram will run slower than the FSB (very similar to the 0.5 multiplier's)

Example: 250 FSB x 11 CPU multi at 1:1 = 2750 CPU speed / 11 = 250 Ram speed (DDR500)

If you enabled Odd Divisor Correct, your Ram divider would be 12 which would put your ram at 229.167 in this example.

Example #2: 330 x 9 at 5:6 (166 memclock) = 2970 CPU speed / 11 = 270 Ram speed.

Enable Odd Divisor Correct and your divider will go to 12 and the ram speed would be 247.5 MHz.

Software - CPU-z, Memtest, Everest, etc will not identify that your ram is running slower. The only way that I have been able to demonstrate it, is with memtest and comparing the measured bandwidth (I will try to confirm in Sandra as well and post some screen shots shortly.)

Now the exception (sort of) to this rule is when you have an odd CPU multi and your divider already comes out to an even number, Odd Divisor Correct will have no effect because there is nothing to "correct".

This can be very beneficial when you are trying to push the CPU that little bit farther, but your ram is holding you back.

We have also noticed that when you are running the "Upl****" ram ratio's with the "E" Die CPU's it will give you "something in between" the given ratio's

When i set speeds to 11x 274HTT with 180 divider A64 Mem divider helper says my ram should be at 231mhz. But in memtest86+ v1.65 bandwidth reports 2943MB/s which i thought was way higher than usual.

So i boot into windows and see that cpuz reports my ram @251mhz 2-2-2-5 which would be consistent with 2943MB/s memtest86+ bandwidth reported.

Click on image for full screenie which includes A64info reporting ram should be 231mhz as well.

cpuz_wrongmemspeed_tnn.jpg

I see i do have an even number memory divisor of 12 as pointed out in RyderOCZ's quoted post.

edit: Exception to the rule:

okay seems the exception is the 11x cpu multiplier when using 180 divider the memory is probably indeed running with 12 divisor meaning what cpuz v1.33.1 or higher is reporting for mem speed is indeed the correct mem speed ?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpo...28&postcount=87 and http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpo...96&postcount=88 and http://forum.x86-secret.com/showthread.php?t=4505

Bachus believes it isnt an exception just fact that at 11x and 180 the mem divider is for a fact 12x http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpo...02&postcount=96

It's not exception actually. It's something I've been trying to convince Franck (CPU-Z creator) about since summer last year. I'm glad CPU-Z 1.33 finally shows that now... It has nothing to do with Odd Divisor Correct.

At multi x11 and div180, memory speed is CPU/12 and NOT CPU/13 as it would look like from Oscar Wu's table or some monitoring software. Everest has been showing CPU/12 for a long time now. A64Info does not and I think Clockgen has not been updated either.

About to test if it's truly 251mhz or 231mhz :)

edit2: Ran 32M and definitely the ram is running 251mhz at 11x274HTT with 180 divider the time of 23min 54s is spot on for the ram it seems.

superpi-32m_23m54s_tnn.jpg

Eva 2000, thanks for all the time, your screen shots have helped me a lot.

I was wondering what program is that A64Info V0.5? Where did you get it. I have looked everywhere, that I know, to find it. I have seen a few people with it but cant find any info on it. Could you give me insite on it? Where to get it? Thank you very much!