Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

flash that bios! Read the sticky by RGone first, otherwise you risk problems.

The first shipping bios is way too tight. you need to set rp and maxasynclateny manually on that bios, even then it's known to be too tight for most ram. Flash to at least 0417, or 0424, I'd go for 0424 it should in theory work better than 0417.

Raja

how do i flash the bios if it won't even POST... now when i reboot i get this error : A52025 X1900XT BIOS _

this is the first mobo that i have ever owned that is this picky, it is totally frustrating me

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to reset your CMOS, there is a small red jumper for thison the board near the EZtouch buttons

turn off your board and unplug it from power. then move the jumper from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3 for a couple of seconds then put them back on 1 and 2. you should be able to post from there. and flash your BIOS.

the BIOS' from DFI are in image files they will make a bootable floppy and the flash should go with out a hitch as long as you follow the instructions.

prob sounds pritty stuped, but how do i get a nice sig up like u lot?, save me sum hassel and i can show off my true spec's. cheers

opty144 cabne 0545BPMW, at fsb 275 x9 38-39c after load

dfi cfx3200dr bios r5ud417

xms twin-x 4400 x2 512mb, at div200 - 550mhz.

seasonic 600w s12

samsung spin point p120s 250gb

sapphy x1900xtx catalyst 6.4 core 668- mem 786mhz

asus dvd-rom and cd-rw

akasa eclipse-62/ all air cooling 2x 120mm & akasa 80mm evo33 cpu

realtek on board sound to creative 2.1, digi connection

19inch hyundai crt flat screen, cheep and cheerfull. 1600x1200 good as if not better than eney lcd ive seen, and only £113. :cool:

You need to reset your CMOS, there is a small red jumper for thison the board near the EZtouch buttons

turn off your board and unplug it from power. then move the jumper from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3 for a couple of seconds then put them back on 1 and 2. you should be able to post from there. and flash your BIOS.

the BIOS' from DFI are in image files they will make a bootable floppy and the flash should go with out a hitch as long as you follow the instructions.

ok i can do that, but i don't have a floppy drive... guess another trip to bestbuy to get one.... will be the first floppy drive i have owned in 4yrs... last 3 comps i built i didn't need one :drool:

Being playing with my corsair 3500 BH-5 tonight & its never gone so far with 3.3V :nod:

262Mhz 2-2-2-5 3.3V 100% Stable :nod: (100 Loops Test Memtest 1.65 & 500% Windows Memtest didn't test further) I won't test higher volts until my machs back next week because I don't wanna kill my mem controller

26233V.png

260tweak.png

My RDX200 took 3.54V to get this stable & my SLI-DR needed 3.44V so this by far is the best board I have ever owned :nod:

Oskar Wu you da man

this board has me pulling out my hair. i just cant get my cpu and ram to run above anything than 230 stable. at 250, my ram tests out fine if i use a 7x cpu multi, my cpu tests out fine at 2.5ghz if i run the ram at 150 divider, but if i run the ram at 250 and cpu at 2.5 concurrenlty, it either hangs on prime or restarts or hangs in 3dmark05. my ram, as i found out from gskill is infineon ce-5, does anyone by any chance have some stable timings for this ram? i have followed tony's guide, the timings in the bios are not too tight, and yet i just cant get the mem and cpu to behave.

Hi,

I have Infineon too. The highest I have managed is 225ht with ram speed of 216mhz. This gives 245ht effective. However I can't run 245 1:1 stable. I was about to reflash the bios, but I flashed incorrectly so I'm awaiting a new bios chip. One thing I noticed is that my CMOS settings had not been cleared after the flash, so I have a feeling tha's why I did not manage to get any higher betwen 0417 and 0424 bios. When I get up and running again, I'll try a complete reflash and clean with 0424. Other than that If you're still having problems try contacting Tony and alerting him of the issue, it could be that this board is not best suited to some Infineon ram. With 0417 I was really only able to overclock at the default multiplier, 12X, anything lower with relaxed timings (that I knew should work), the board would not run stable. I'll let you know how I get on once everything is running again.

Raja

Hi,

I have Infineon too. The highest I have managed is 225ht with ram speed of 216mhz. This gives 245ht effective. However I can't run 245 1:1 stable. I was about to reflash the bios, but I flashed incorrectly so I'm awaiting a new bios chip. One thing I noticed is that my CMOS settings had not been cleared after the flash, so I have a feeling tha's why I did not manage to get any higher betwen 0417 and 0424 bios. When I get up and running again, I'll try a complete reflash and clean with 0424. Other than that If you're still having problems try contacting Tony and alerting him of the issue, it could be that this board is not best suited to some Infineon ram. With 0417 I was really only able to overclock at the default multiplier, 12X, anything lower with relaxed timings (that I knew should work), the board would not run stable. I'll let you know how I get on once everything is running again.

Raja

Read preamble and async latency...I keep saying it, you have to set these manually with Infineon dimms and the board is fine.