Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Still beating on the Hitachi array. I must have run 100 passes of HD Tune and any other Disk benchmark I could find and when I am away from my rig I have been running Sisoft Sandra Burn-in Wizard on the hard drives in constant loop. Still no freezes and no errors in event viewer. My bro has been running his CFX3200 with 2 hitachis RAID0 and doing the same thing, he hasn't had any problems since taking the Raptors off the ULI controller. When I first flashed his bios from the 7/28 back to the 4/25 a 5 minute CMOS clear wasn't enough and the option rom cannot invoke message came up, after a 30 minute clear we were able to get into all the raid setup bioses. Give it a nice long CMOS clear if ypu flash back to the 4/25.. Looks like the attempted fix from DFI did not completely solve the problem and created another...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Here is where Im at now. I got my 2 RAID cards, Im going to hold off messing with them because, I just got both of the CFX3200's I ordered. I got them at two diffrent places and I am hoping that at least one will be ULI bug free. I am going to do testing this weekend and see how these two boards are with the ULI RAID. I know my board has the bug and Im going to RMA it back to a third place, while I test the two other boards! Once I get it back, I will have three boards to test and will finaly see if I can get one that is bug free! I hope that all three are good boards and I can pass them along to anyone that would want a bug free board, tested bug free! Who knows, they all could have the bug, if so, Im back to RMAing all of them till I get one without the ULI bug!

Also, I had better luck with the 4/25 Bios too, in fact, its the only Bios Ive used, that gave me 6 hrs with no errors. I never could get that to happen a second time but it did happen once.

I'll keep you posted over the next week of testing, I hope I have good news, at least I will have some idea how many of these boards are having ULI errors.

ok so i managed to pick up some spyware or something like it - so i'm going to re-format... in the process i will install my new 4800+, change the slot my graphics card is sitting in, change my my stripe size, and last but not least USE THE LATEST BIOS AND DRIVERS for everything... any thoughts?

You still won't have any luck. As I have changed memory slots, tried every bios, every raid driver.. I had a 4000+ clawhammer, switched it out with an fx-57, I've tried changing timings, options, everything you can think of. I know it's good to hope for the future.. But these bugged boards are impossible to fix :(

7/28 bios SUCKS BALLS! I cannot get the flamin' thing to run my ram @ 250 3-3-3-8 - my ram is rated at this by TeamX.. so far no m5288 errors...

nemesis: yep u were right - this bios with both SI & ULi SATA controllers enabled produces an error msg at boot

also (not bios related) in the last 2 weeks my pc has RANDOMLY STARTED ITSELF approx 7 times - thats right, i dont touch it and it just boots up...

Any body run into the problem after a certain ram speed they cannot get back into the bios?

I threw my Opty 148 in the rig and started running it up 11 X 272 was fine but after 11 X 273 and I cannot get into the bios with the delete key. I already know what the CPU and memory will do, I've owned them for a while. I set 11 X 280 1:1 and booted into Windows and it was fine, just can't get back into the bios without clearing the CMOS. If I run a divider I can get back into the bios each time.

Maybe we are only a couple of bios updates away from having a fully functioning unit.. I;m guessing that will take a year or so..

5 days of beating on the drives at stock settings and well over 3Ghz I have yet to see any freezes or errors in the event viewer.. Went through a 4 hour session of BF2 last night and everything was just sweet as can be. Once I unrusted and got my hands to react as fast as my mind..

7/28 bios SUCKS BALLS! I cannot get the flamin' thing to run my ram @ 250 3-3-3-8 - my ram is rated at this by TeamX.. so far no m5288 errors...

nemesis: yep u were right - this bios with both SI & ULi SATA controllers enabled produces an error msg at boot

also (not bios related) in the last 2 weeks my pc has RANDOMLY STARTED ITSELF approx 7 times - thats right, i dont touch it and it just boots up...

LOL PHANTOM MOBO!!!!! This happened to me right after I watched a sketchy/scary horror movie, and I was so scared when it happened LOL. I was like oh my god, why did my computer just do that...

really though, it has to do with USB keyboard enabled in bios. I forget if it has to be enabled or disabled, but if it's left 1 way, your comp will randomly start hahah.

I think I can officially say my board is cured configured the way it is in my sig. It's been 6 days with no freezes, no errors, it's actually been perfect for a change. Currently running at 10 X 270 1:1. Only glitch I had left to get rid of was not being able to get back into the bios after 273 RAM speed but bumping nmos and pmos up to 9 fixed that problem..

I haven't experienced the random startups with my board but USB keyboard has been enabled the entire time.

Guest Archangel

So I guess the only real solution so far is to flash back to the 4/25 BIOS and use Hitachi drives. :( Rolling back the BIOS doesn't bother me but I have 3 Seagate drives that I've been happy with. I like their drives, their customer service, etc. and really don't want to have to replace 3 drives just to get the damn ULI controller to operate without errors. Disappointing... very disappointing!