Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried both the 2.13 and 2.20 drivers and received errors within minutes of reboot. May just be a fix for RAID setups?

Thanks anyway.

Was waiting for confirmation on this latest fix before getting this board. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer...

I tried that before with no joy .... but that was with the older BIOS .... might give it another go.

When you say errors, does that include the freezes, the errors don't bother me much, it's the freezes that are the royal PITA.

Nah your right there the errors have disappeared but yes i still do get the odd random freeze for about 3 seconds then it resumes fine.

did you disable the start up program?

no for those of us who only use the floppy we dont need to install the chipset utility

you can put 2.20 driver onto floppy or 2.13 driver or beta driver onto floppy without the need for the chipset utility.

but anyhow im going back to sil image again. Plus i think i might be tempted to rma the board.

I have do freash install today, ( new CPU), so this time i have install the 2.14 ( DFI cd install),.. it just for see, cause in real i have not get the errrors during along period after first install..and perhaps i have use this one.. will see..

I have do freash install today, ( new CPU), so this time i have install the 2.14 ( DFI cd install),.. it just for see, cause in real i have not get the errrors during along period after first install..and perhaps i have use this one.. will see..

raid or non raid?

keep us updated

I don't think it's bad chips, instead maybe some particular components. Here is the latest from DFI USA about my board:

This came after I asked for an explanation of why the SAME board was being sent back to me (especially since I specifically requested a NEW board).

Back to SATA 1.5 for me. Wasted a good $100 there, should have stuck with the ASUS board. Crappy as it was, it still would have run the hard drives at the correct speed.

WTF? how can these guys not find these errors are we not doing enough by providing screen shots???? this IS utterly terrible!

today i just had three lockups (ie locks up and resumes 3 secs later, well for me anyhow) while playing a selection of 3d games! I cant just believe that they are testing these boards and finding no error results or experiencing lockups. Do they even install any software or games to test for these lockups JEEESSS!:mad:

I sent DFITS another email explaining that I STILL had the problem with the board after they had tested. I also explained that testing with a RAID setup when I had a single hard drive didn't cut the mustard, nor had they, at any point, asked for the system specs I was using. I provided them and they want me to send it back to them AGAIN, but this time they will send a replacement board (which I had originally requested). Tech also wants to test with a similar setup and (hopefully) the same model hard drive. Back to the laptop for another week...

So my previous post may have been wrong. I appologize for being hasty.

BTW, I have to say that even with all this sending motherboards back and forth, I am impressed with the commitment of this company to make me happy.

Hi poopshotgun

I returned my my CFX3200-DR some time ago under RMA see earlier post. All they did was flash the BIOS to an earlier version. They reported that the board was OK like yours, I was running two drives in PATA mode. As I had had the board since April I asked DFI to replace the board but they refused at this time to replace it, so I got in touch with the suppliers who agreed to replace the Motherboard after obtaining permission from DFI. I have had the new motherboard for about three weeks and it is running like a dream no problems with freezes or the ULI5288 problem. It looks as if some boards have got a problem either the ULI chip or an associated component. So if I was you I should insist on a replacement Motherboard.

I sent DFITS another email explaining that I STILL had the problem with the board after they had tested. I also explained that testing with a RAID setup when I had a single hard drive didn't cut the mustard, nor had they, at any point, asked for the system specs I was using. I provided them and they want me to send it back to them AGAIN, but this time they will send a replacement board (which I had originally requested). Tech also wants to test with a similar setup and (hopefully) the same model hard drive. Back to the laptop for another week...

So my previous post may have been wrong. I appologize for being hasty.

BTW, I have to say that even with all this sending motherboards back and forth, I am impressed with the commitment of this company to make me happy.

Have you sent it back yet and are they sending you the replacement board as an advanced replacement?