Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Akela: I need to use all 4 though ..... so if each connector is on a drive, how can it make any difference if all drives are the same?

:confused:

I did not try it with all the drives, and, most likely, it will not make a difference for you. All I know that if I plug the 2 drives into first and last connectors, there are no errors. I am confused just as much... I have one more 250 Gg drive, I'll get another one and try it with 4 as well...

Also, if you have RAID 0 on 4 drives (I know. it may sound dumb) when drives for striping, create 2 arrays with odd and even drives, that may do the trick. Again, I never had 4 drives to try, but I will soon.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Also, (to all) was there not a post a week or so (10 days) ago that said that yet another driver was due this week? Anyone seen any sign?

If DFI have decided it is a chip problem, it would be nice if they could post special RMA details and as mentioned before offer and advance replacement. I really can't afford to rip the machine apart and be without it for potentially several weeks. :(

The last post I saw dealing with a new driver was addressed by the latest BIOS and drivers from RGone. DFITS sent me an email this morning asking if I'd received the new board. They may be doing a test to see if the newer revision/newer chip takes care of the problem. Who knows? Email DFITS and see what they say.

Here is what I received regarding my inquiry about the RMA board DFi is testing for me.

Patrick,

The ULI chipset used on our CFX3200-DR has only one revision. And the motherboard itself has only one revision as well.

I am testing the board for you, and will keep you updated as soon as the test is done.

Regards,

Shawn Yu

DFI San Jose

I then asked of I could go to a NF4 board and got this reply:

Patrick:

The NF4 boards use RAID controller chips from Silicon Image and Nvidia, and so far we have not heard any problem regarding the timeout issue.

Regarding your request, I need to confirm with my manager if the board I am testing for you turns out having the same problem.

Regards,

Shawn Yu

DFI San Jose

Just thought I would let you guys know. Shawn and Donna at San Jose have been extermely helpful!!!:)