Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

No, I'm sending it in on Monday. Have a LAN game tonight so I wanted to keep it. :rolleyes: They've already promised me a replacement.

DFI's RMA dept. did not simply flash my BIOS and send it back, in fact I still had my CMOS Reloaded settings. Not sure what kinds of tests they ran, Frank said the RMA guys put a RAID 0 on the board and then ran some read and writes (first, I only have one drive, second, I'd use RAID 1).

Glad I didn't throw away the old chipset fan when I got the VC-RE...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm sending it in on Monday. Have a LAN game tonight so I wanted to keep it. :rolleyes: They've already promised me a replacement.

DFI's RMA dept. did not simply flash my BIOS and send it back, in fact I still had my CMOS Reloaded settings. Not sure what kinds of tests they ran, Frank said the RMA guys put a RAID 0 on the board and then ran some read and writes (first, I only have one drive, second, I'd use RAID 1).

Glad I didn't throw away the old chipset fan when I got the VC-RE...

you lose capacity in raid1, raid 0 is harmless

if you trust your drives.

you lose capacity in raid1

But gain data reliability, security, and, as I understand it, read speed.

raid 0 is harmless if you trust your drives.

I don't like to trust ANY drive when it comes to my data (speaking of which, I should back up my novel...) Also, RAID 0 seems kind of useless to me since you're just spanning and interleaving drives. Sure, there are probably performance gains, but I'd rather just use the two drives seperately in thaat case.

Personal preference, for sure. :cool:

Well I see from the past posts that the driver and BIOS updates havnt fixed anything

so I've decided for an RMA.

However since DFI isn't doing any replacements I'm going to RMA to my retailer

I'll let you all know if it works out

I got a new board from DFI (Thanks Donna!). Installed it, flashed to 7-28-06 bios...I no longer have the "disk error" events. Also, my cold boot issue went away completely.

So far, I'm good to go.

mizzer

Hi. i got the same problem with uli. can anyone send a pictures of a bios setup that works plez?

If we had one that worked, this thread wouldn't have gone on so long. Look back in the thread a few weeks and you'll see plenty of suggestions on what can potentially work. Some have fixed with BIOS settings and drivers, others probably have bad ULi chips (leaning that way myself and sending mine for RMA AGAIN tomorrow).

Right I have the latest BIOS - and have installed the 2.14 drivers. Everything seems to work OK now, so I changed my HDD's (non RAID) from "emulated PATA" to "AHCI" in the BIOS - and we ran into problems straight away once windows loaded - it locked. So praying to the gods I switched it back and so far I am back error free, no lockup either.