Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

It's been almost 3 days and haven't had a single freeze or error in event viewer. Getting closer to having a fully functioning motherboard. Now if I could only use both controllers and ditch the USB enclosure for my stirage drive without having to buy a card I'd be happy.

Anybody else lose the Quick Post? Mine is set to enable but it runs through the entire memory testing on post. Disabling it results in no boot.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been almost 3 days and haven't had a single freeze or error in event viewer. Getting closer to having a fully functioning motherboard. Now if I could only use both controllers and ditch the USB enclosure for my stirage drive without having to buy a card I'd be happy.

Anybody else lose the Quick Post? Mine is set to enable but it runs through the entire memory testing on post. Disabling it results in no boot.

It seems it always tests the entire memory. I think this board has never quick posted :(

I too never had the memory test problems on two boards. However my first board, before it went bad, long story, had a working ULI and my new board I cant even get the ULI Raid to work. I try to load windows on it and it wont even let windows load, it just reboots over and over. I havent tryed the new driver yet, Im waiting to buy two SATA drives. I dont want to loose all my info on my SiI raid, trying to fix my ULI. So till then I just am using the slower raid and dealing with it.

I was so happy when I didnt have the ULI issue on my old board, but of course that didnt last long, 8 weeks and it blew out both LAN's, all PCI slots stopped functioning and the LED code lights burnt out, yes they burnd out, black, nothing! But I'll be in this post alot, once I get the drives, to try and troubleshoot the ULI. That will be so much fun, as I can see, wonderful! Thanks for all the info so far!

I would once again like to say thanks to DFI for releasing yet another untested product so they can make smore money. I made the mistake of adding 2 more hds for storage and BAM all my previous material is instantly gone, dissapeared, rode off into the sunset, jumped off the bridge...etc. So thanks again dfi you greedy computer people.

This board doesn't, unfortunately, seem to be a perfect design even besides the "ULI issue" (which, btw, isn't RAID related - to me it still happens with just a single WD Raptor as boot drive...).

Something strange happens when overclocking, too - when I raise the memory clock in async mode, both sound and graphics go slightly but definitely out of sync, causing artifacts... :( So, instead of 2640 MHz, it's now the standard 2200 MHz.

The only bright side: now, un-overclocked and only using the slower disk controller, the system works about perfectly. What I love about DFI is its fan control, making a truly silent computer an easy thing to do. So, while I feel I wasted some of my money on this board, the end result isn't bad. It just isn't what I expected and hoped for...

An ironic thing, but... The reason I moved to this DFI was my hobby of making music. NForce 4 has some serious problems with handling multichannel, low latency audio... So, eventually I just traded some problems with others. An expensive experiment. :( Well, at least this DFI seems to take care of audio better, so things could be worse...

My fix didn't work as well as I thought, I wasn't using long enough tests. I tried to transfer a 2 gig file over a network and it froze up 4 times. Seems OK with small files and benchmarks though. I think I'll put this board on the shelf for a little while or send it back..

What happened to the 7/28 BIOS, the newest one listed at the link provided is the 5/23 BIOS? Did I miss something, or is there possibly a new BIOS due out soon?

Never mind, I now see it is listed under the regular BIOS downloads now, does that indicate it is now offical? Has anything changed since the beta release?

Hi

I am new to this forum so Hello everyone.:)

I have flashed to this latest bios but alas it hasn't solved the infamous m5288 errors for me, I dont want to install the ULA beta driver as it states it will void my warrenty.:sad:

Is the only way to fix this an RMA? I hope not as this is now my only rig now and I can't really go without it for a few weeks.:confused:

Hi

I am new to this forum so Hello everyone.:)

I have flashed to this latest bios but alas it hasn't solved the infamous m5288 errors for me, I dont want to install the ULA beta driver as it states it will void my warrenty.:sad:

Is the only way to fix this an RMA? I hope not as this is now my only rig now and I can't really go without it for a few weeks.:confused:

there is no fix at this time

DFI is still waiting on ULI/Nvidia to provide a fix for this, but that is not likely to happen since ULI is of course owned by Nvidia and they have no interest in fixing something for an ATI-based motherboard =(