Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not upgraded to the latest BIOS yet, anyone know if i can enable my Non RAID disks into AHCI mode rather than have to use PATA emulation??

Last time I tried it took a wobbler and crashed windows. I am still getting my 5 sec timeouts when watching video - either that or crashing - upgrading BIOS tonight.

I'm wondering if an idea would be to have the controller in non-RAID mode and then use the OS to do the RAID0 .... but then the performance may be less and it's certainly more painful.

Actually, there is an article at tomshardware.com in which he test windows RAID vs. hardware RAID and the difference not that much at all, based on his tests.

For those who doesn't know, right-click on My Computer, pick Manage, window will open, select disk management, there you can create/manage partitions. Windows can only RAID non-OS partitions.

OK, if this doesn't work for you don't shoot me. I will tell you what I did to resolve the issues and have not had a m5288 error since I did it. (6 Days)

1. Flash to newest beta bios using the proper technique found in numerous threads on this board

2. Fresh install of windows using F6 and the new beta raid driver

3.Download and install M1575 ULI Southbridge Drivers (make sure you select M1575 and also the newest version 2.20)

4.Start > Run > Type msconfig > Select Startup Tab on top >Find and disable ULI item

5>Restart

I hope this helps.

Eric

I want to say that the drivers are different. the uli southbridge drivers are the ones to replace the ones you got on the CD w/the mobo. No? the floppy disk was for the raid. I might be wrong but it is working for me.