Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I don't mean to harp too much but I think we need to stop paying attention to aquamark and 3dmark01 as they just aren't as realistic performance benches anymore since so much of the newest game engines are offloaded to the gpu

I'm not trying to bag on anyone, and I know as long as we compare with the same bench, we can get an idea...

but I don't even want to use either program anymore because they have zero correlation to FEAR, BF2, Oblivion etc performance

thats just me

tomorrow I'll get Evercool VC-RE vid + all teh ssdb/ocdb entries posted

Did you manually set all the RAM timings? Leaving things on Auto won't work.

no i left the ram timings on auto; this mobo has so many options i just left it on auto, as i wasn't sure what to change the timings too.... thank you for your help! :D

Jet, there is a trick to make it work, same as with any motherboard transition.

Get a Sil3112 PCI sata controller, install it in your old system, boot and load the sil3112 PCi drivers.

Now that windows install on your raid KNOWS about the sil3112 drivers.

Move the XP raid setup over... sata1 to sata1 channel, sata2 to sata2 channel.

Now reboot and the old system should boot off the sil3112 controller.

Uninstall the old systems motherboard chipset drivers, etc.

Now move the sil3112 and raid array over to the new system.

Powerup, you should be able to boot up off the Sil3112 based raid array in the new motherboard, and then load drivers for it.

Then once you have loaded the new systems sata drivers, you should be able to once again move the raid array over to the new motherboard based sata controller and all will be recognized and boot fine.

Not a garauntee but Ive done that a couple times now with no problem.

Somebody said Oblivion? I love this game. It is now known to be vastly CPU limited though. So in scenes with great depth of field and grass, for example, expect your FPS to dip. Dual 7900 GTXs or Dual X1900 XTs, doesn't matter. The CPUs can't handle the massive load in some cases. There are a lot of tweak guides out there for it. I find it perfectly smooth even when the FPS does drop. I am using the cat 6.3s and the "Chuck patch". HDR + 4x AA and 16x HQ AF.

screenshot67a1rb.th.jpgscreenshot68a3xg.th.jpgscreenshot69a2ll.th.jpg

screenshot70a3zv.th.jpgscreenshot78a0xc.th.jpgscreenshot79a2mz.th.jpgscreenshot82a6kn.th.jpg

Hi Guys,

The issue I am going to talk about might have already been discussed but becuase the thread has grown immenssly I will post my questions and hopefully someone can review it and give me some information.

In any case I have 2 WD Raptor 74GB 10K RPM 8MB Cache with windows media center 2005 sp2. I have tried many times to install the OS on the Raptor Raid to no avail. I have used the SIL ports as well instead of the ULI but the same problem. I create the raid in either SIL or ULI and attemt to clean install, I use the supplied floppy for the raid driver and window recognizes the raid array, fine, so it goes thru the process. Once it is in the gui setup that windows is installing after maybe a minute it just crashes. I can install the os without raid on either ports as a single drive, but the second I try Raid it crashes. I have even gone as far as setting up in a single SATA drive then setting up the raid then cloning the image from one drive to the other. Sad to say but that does not help either. Please help I want to take advatage of the speed offerings of RAID 0. Thank you.

I have 2 WD Raptor 74GB 10K RPM 8MB Cache with windows media center 2005 sp2. I have tried many times to install the OS on the Raptor Raid to no avail.

Do you have any other storage devices attached at the time? I had an extra older IDE drive on a PCI controller and while the RAID volume will boot it will stop at the Windows XP splash screen. I’ve also found that while using RAID this board will try to boot from a single SATA drive added to the Sli controller ignoring the RAID setup on the ULI controller. :( A few here have said they are going to try it and see but I’m waiting and hoping I’m missing something so I don’t have to move one of my RAID volumes from the ULI to the Sli controller just so I can boot.

Do you have any other storage devices attached at the time? I had an extra older IDE drive on a PCI controller and while the RAID volume will boot it will stop at the Windows XP splash screen. I’ve also found that while using RAID this board will try to boot from a single SATA drive added to the Sli controller ignoring the RAID setup on the ULI controller. :( A few here have said they are going to try it and see but I’m waiting and hoping I’m missing something so I don’t have to move one of my RAID volumes from the ULI to the Sli controller just so I can boot.

Hi Tanquen,

I do have 2 other drives setup in raid as well, but for what I am experiencing I disconnect power to the other 2 drives and try to clean install as I describe and nothing, it always fails in either a BSOD or some install error message from windows. I have also ran the WD diag tools to test drives and they are ok. Go figure, but thank you for the input.

I've been fiddling with my board & have discovered some bugs :( with the bios if you turn off the ULI sata controller in the bios you can't save the Data Drive Strength setting in the bios!!!

Does the bandwidth below look right, no!!!!:mad: Below are the 233 & 250 compared to each other, there only a 70Mb/s gain between the two & cpu-z detects the both at 233.3Mhz!!!!! When using the 250 divider I get a 300Mb/s drop in bandwidth!!!

I want the highest bandwidth available for my benching sessions plus I use my modded mach 2 GT all the time & need the 250 mem divider to work properly & want the bandwidth i'm supposed to get!!!!

This is 200 mem divider 250Mhz

C200div.png

This is the 233 mem divider

C233div.png

This is the 250 mem divider

C250div.png

I have a question. Has anyone messed around with the PCIE slot power limit and 10% extra current at all? (don't know if this has anything to do with below)

Reason i asked is with my current configuration i get about 5400 pts in 3dmark06 and with my old Lanparty NF4 SLI DR with a 7800GTX 512mb version @ 620mhz core and 1730mhz mem i could get 6033.

Please note with this board i did have to use Tony's tweaking guide for the memory in the bios.

Also note this is not a huge deal with me seeing you can't actually play 3dmark06. I do know in the real gaming world that this new set up is a bit better than my old as far as FPS goes like in Oblivion.

Just wondering what your thoughts were...... :)

hi, just got my cfx3200-dr. well chuffed. seems 2 hav sorted all my problems i had with my old . asus480-mvp.

im after sum major o/cing on my opty144.

only had my board a few days and hav 2 say it a good'un. already got my cpu up to 2.430, thats already faster than my old asus. left all the board voltages standard at the mo. just put the htt down to x3 and fsb up to 270, put my xms4400 ram to its stock 2.5, 4, 4, 8. with a 200 div. still burn the dfi in at these settings 4 naw. i'll be posting sum up dates when or if i get sum better results say 2.5-2.6. i think my opty144's a pritty good 1 so hopefully i'll see sum fat results. all on air heres my stats

akasa eclipse-62- 2x 120mm fans, front in, rear out.

opteron 144 - akasa evo 33 80mm fan 1x.

dfi cfx3200 :D

seasonic 600w s12

sapphire x1900xtx core 668mhz mem 788mhz. 1 card

xms twin-x 4400 pt 2x 512

samsung p120s 250gb

asus dvd-rom + cd-rw

my cpu's well burned in already as iv had it since xmas. but always been stuck under 2.38 dew to the asus again.

dont spose eney1 else here's got the same cpu cooler as my akasa evo 33, if so what u recon about it?. as ive just reinstald mine. and not'est the heat pipe that sits on the cpu does'nt sit flush to the edges leaves the corners out. it still keeps her cool though 38c after load ,1.440volts. think thats pritty sweet. i used artic silver 5 seem good to, when i was using it with its standard thurmal paste it would hav bin more like 40-42c after load with 5 or 10 less fsb , and less volts 2 only about .025-.050 though. what does every1 else think bout their air coolers?or note'st eneythin simular?, cheers