Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

AG, no samsung UCCC tested as yet, was the next kit in, todate on this post i have tested 4800plats, 4000EB and 4000Plats, whaich are TCCD, CE5, Micron F die, sammy UCCC will be the next kit to get punished

aight my bad, I apologize.

I thought that the thread had stated both EB and UCCC's

I have EB, Ballistix 4000, and OCZ VALUE 2GB kits tested so far, but no UCCC's either lol

I guess we best get to the UCCC since it is probably hte most popular IC on the market for DFI users right now ;)

I'll rip up the OCZ PC4000 Gold EL 2GB kit on this rig this weekend and get some SSDB entries up finally (still fighting Crossfire on this stupid thing)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting this mobo pretty soon, previously i got Asus xpress 3200 mobo and got some really weird experiences with crossfire, first i got Asus 1900CF and when i run something in 3D or set voltage to 1.4V screen was moving from left to right randomly (more voltage, more shaking) like 3-4mm, i first though its cable, but not, since if i run it on default clocks and lowered voltage to 1.375V it was fine, but another weird thing it was that some tests in 3D Marks showed no improvements (been like with one card) while others show 50-100 percent improvements, really weird. Also i dont know but sometimes after test half screen was blurry, so Asus go on RMA and new card coming soon, hope it will work nicely with DFI.

Ok got the board last night and set it up only had one problem. The board would not go past the splash screen with the front USB plugged into the board. I unplugged it and it booted then turned it off and plugged them back in and it worked. I might have plugged them intot he second one im not sure. whatever bios this thing came with im loving and nto having any problems. Memory clock is up to 275 which and testing. On my Ultra-D the most i got was 270. The only thing i question is that the memtest that caomes with the bios only has my memory at 1024 megs and i have 2 gigs and it says the bandwidth is only 1193Mb which is horrible. Now as far as i know the memory setting are probably almost identicle to what was running with my ultra-d so i dont know if those are inorrect figures anyone got a clue?

So thats why i cannot get tony's settings to even post. they arent even ucc! here i was getting so frustrated with it not working and it turn out it isnt even the same IC.i have managed some settings that work with my ram running at 250 mhz. Besides trcd and trp they are tighter then the timings tony used for his 2gb kit. I am currently testing the same timings with increasinging the clock to 260 mhz.It would not work unless i added .09v but so far it has passed 3 loops of memtest #5 with no errors.

Ok so aparently i did not have one of my sticks plugged in all the way it was sticking out just a ittle bit , thank god it did not kill my stick. So it looks like im back to 270 i knew it was too good to be true. The only problem left now is im still gettign low bandwidth even with the 2 sticks in there so i will will see what the deal is.

My updated results so far:

2751t3yf.th.jpg

CPU-Z validate 275 1T 200

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=90293

2851t1660av.th.jpg

CPU-Z validate 285 1T 166

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=90288

read 6813:

readiad1wd.th.jpg

write 2463:

writeaida8vv.th.jpg

The highest I have been able to boot into windows with Crucial Ballistix Micron memory so far is at 370 x 7:

highboot10zc.jpg

Guys I will reiterate; if you are having odd memory problems or stability issues with this board suck it up and do a BIOS update again, even if you have, with 417 as per Rgone's instructions. This board does not have a problem with UCCC.

Do this first. Load opt defaults in your BIOS. Save those defaults into all your "CMOS reloaded" banks without a "description", aka overwrite your description with "nothing". Or you can use KillCMOS as Tony suggested. Clear your CMOS. I cleared my ESCD and that may not be necessary. Flash the update exactly as Rgone said to do.

Enjoy.

i really dont know what to say, my tv works fine but not dvd, it worked before but i dont know what the heck is going on.

Some people have had issues with the 6.4 driver. You may wish to remove the CCC, then the driver, reboot, then install the 6.3s if you are using 6.4. If the 6.3s are already on your system; enable write combining again, disable Crossfire, go to the ATi folder in your C drive, under driver select the appropriate OS and install it again right over itself, then go to Ace folder and install the CCC, select the "repair" option, reboot. Enable Crossfire when windows boots, then boot again.

I am actually using intervideo's "dvd pack". I purchased it for the decoder I needed to run my TV tuner and DVDs.

I do know if your OC is not 100% stable sometimes the CCC will not even load. If you are getting odd CLi error messages on boot you may wish to turn down the OC a tad.

When I flashed the 417 BIOS the first time I did not clear my CMOS and I had all of my CMOS reloaded banks full with custom profiles. Then I read OCZ Tony saying it might be possible custom profiles were causing problems with some folks BIOS updates, So I did what I described in my last post above. Cleared the CMOS, reset my ESCD, and effectively blanked my reloaded banks, then flashed 417 thrice as Rgone said to do.

I was having odd occasional reboots. After doing this my ocs improved with my G.skill vastly and the odd occasional reboots disappeared.

When I flashed the 417 BIOS the first time I did not clear my CMOS and I had all of my CMOS reloaded banks full with custom profiles. Then I read OCZ Tony saying it might be possible custom profiles were causing problems with some folks BIOS updates, So I did what I described in my last post above. Cleared the CMOS, reset my ESCD, and effectively blanked my reloaded banks, then flashed 417 thrice as Rgone said to do.

I was having odd occasional reboots. After doing this my ocs improved with my G.skill vastly and the odd occasional reboots disappeared

Yep I had that as a sticky but AG jerked it down. It is the drill for many people to do it that way or suffer odd crap.

RGone...

Some people have had issues with the 6.4 driver. You may wish to remove the CCC, then the driver, reboot, then install the 6.3s if you are using 6.4. If the 6.3s are already on your system; enable write combining again, disable Crossfire, go to the ATi folder in your C drive, under driver select the appropriate OS and install it again right over itself, then go to Ace folder and install the CCC, select the "repair" option, reboot. Enable Crossfire when windows boots, then boot again.

I am actually using intervideo's "dvd pack". I purchased it for the decoder I needed to run my TV tuner and DVDs.

I do know if your OC is not 100% stable sometimes the CCC will not even load. If you are getting odd CLi error messages on boot you may wish to turn down the OC a tad.

I was having odd occasional reboots. After doing this my ocs improved with my G.skill vastly and the odd occasional reboots disappeared.

Weird, I had issues with the board in the very beginning and ended up deleting everything in the CMOS reloaded (including descriptions) and flashed the bios, and voila problems gone... I thought I was just being crazy paranoid but apparently not.

Weird, I had issues with the board in the very beginning and ended up deleting everything in the CMOS reloaded (including descriptions) and flashed the bios, and voila problems gone... I thought I was just being crazy paranoid but apparently not.

No you are spot on.

So again if you are having odd issues; clear your CMOS, lose your custom profiles how ever you choose to do so, as I did or with Kill CMOS, and flash to 417 as Rgone instructed.

I feel like a parrot and I don't mind if it helps some folks out.

Guys

I am 100% sure of this, I have actually pushed the board till I corrupted cmos reloaded so i know there is something weird going on. I actually have a tool for clearing cmos and cmos reloaded off DFI but have found the killcmos utill on TMODS cd is just as good.

If you are having issues clocking, getting to bios or just instability issues use the TMOD cd and clear the god damn cmos completely..hell do it 5 times !! then remove the bettery for 15mins with the jumper over just to make sure.

I swear the cmos is causing issues on the CFX and once clear its a damn fast board...and leave cmos reloaded alone also, i have a feeling just adding something in there may cause issues.