Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I use to have freezing on the nforce4 platform with my theater 550pro. I fixed it by not installing the nvidia storage driver and using sata 3|4.

Well I was getting the same thing with this mobo so tried essentially the same tactic. It worked for about an hour then the freezing returned.

I decided to try the sil controller and since switching to it I have no issues and everything is great. For those that don't know you can use it like a regular old sata controller, raid is not a must. Just install windows with your drives connected to the ULi ports. When you are done go into the BIOS under the "genie" area and locate the sil controller. It has four options to select and one is plain "sata". Select that and save. When you boot into windows it will say it has found a new "mass storage device". Just answer yes to all the questions and it will actually download and install the "sata link" driver you need. Shut down the computer then just move your drives to the sil connectors. Done deal. If you set any version of raid it will also download the proper driver for that.

If you do select raid in the BIOS it will not see your boot drive and give you a boot disk error message. You must select "sata" in the BIOS under the sil controller. Of course if you configure your drives as a raid setup under the tool available during post then that's another story.

My speed is listed as UDMA 6 which is appropriate for sata.I'd suggest people try this if they are experiencing odd sound card issues too. It can't hurt. Just waste a little time :P

sata19di.th.jpg

In the end the ULi SB is just an alternative work around. Ideally we'd be using the SB 600 and with AM2, we will.

got myself a raptorX,boy this drive is sweet, everything opens up in a breeze, right now i have it hooked up to the sil image controller, because i have had issues with the uli controller and my soundcard, also the tv tuner. everything seems to be working good. if u have any suggestions please feel free to drop it in. whether it will be faster on the uli controller or the silicon image.

does ncq really matter, i read in the reviews for the raptorX that ncq makes it slower most of the time.

thanks for all the help i have been getting from this thread.

alright applications in my system are really hanging bad, almost every app, i dont know whats going on, it was working fine untill this started happening, i am really very ticked off right now, i try to install stuff app will stop responding, i dont know what to do, i need some help, just got a new raptorX, could it be the hard drive, any suggestions will be appreciated.

alright applications in my system are really hanging bad, almost every app, i dont know whats going on, it was working fine untill this started happening, i am really very ticked off right now, i try to install stuff app will stop responding, i dont know what to do, i need some help, just got a new raptorX, could it be the hard drive, any suggestions will be appreciated.

That RaptorX is steel hooked on the Sil image controller?! Try the ULI controller.

I have 2x Raptor 74GB Raid0 hooked on the ULI controller with no problem, running rock stable and i find it fast, really fast, faster then any NF4 and Intel raid controller that i had before.

Just a few thoughts from a DFI-Street Noob.

I have been tinkering with this board for a few days now and think I have found the way to get performance out of Crossfire.

Crossfire%20Setup-DFIS.jpg

These are the settings I have used. So far in Need for Speed most wanted at 1600x1200 with all settings at max I see a 43% Increse in XP Pro (26.507 to 37.843)

In FEAR, again at 1600x1200 with everything on MAX softshadows and volumetric lighting I get a 58% Increase (41.6 to 65.89)

this is with the 6-3 "Chuck" drivers and BID 0417.

Specs on the system are

Opteron 170 (still at stock for now)

DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR

Kingston HyperX DDR400 (TREF 4128, MAL 7, PR 5.5, Skew Delay 450)

X1900 CFE/ X1900XTX

2x 74GB Western Digital Raptors RAID0 (ULI RAID)

ThermalTake PurePower 680

frame rates are in-game using FRAPS.

Settings in the CCC are:

AA and AF controlled by app

High Quality AF Enabled.

Adaptive AA Enabled set to quality

Catalyst AI set to Advanced.

Hope this helps someone.

Ath

If you have managed to eliminate the chances (by deduction) of the Sata controllers causing the issues, I'd be looking at the power supply. The Xclio is a modular supply, from what I understand the modular psu's actually supply 100w less than their stated wattage. The extra connectors add a series resistence, which causes a drop under load, ohms law, added resistance of 0.1r would create a voltage sag of 1.8v at 18amps of load.

With regards to the hang ups, I just had a problem with my Seasonic, which was quite heavily loaded as your sytem, the system would lock up when running Firefly Forest 3d Mark 06.

Your problem could be attributed to either the power supply or the Sata controllers. I would test the system with a host of configurations, in order to eliminate the variables. How you go about this will have to be worked out, in order to eliminate the psu, you need to keep all those devices plugged in, whether or not you are able to or need to put those drives onto one controller or not (for testing) is the question.

If you can get the S&M stress test to run, it has a PSU test, fwiw, I had never paid any attention to this as it used to report 'vga overheating'', it was trying to tell me that the 12v rails to the ATI cards was overloaded. Later on I realised that this was indeed the case, so I should have paid heed to the warning. I would certainly download that software if you can, do a google search, try and be specific as the phrase ''S&M'' will return a whole host of weirdo sites, if you know what I mean..

Raja

ps. check my sig below, that's the system I was using with the Seasonic, it runs with 5 case fans, but a sixth causes issues. Also my overclocks were never really stable, so I think the supply was always at the brink of saturation even before adding the extra case fan..

i need help, i found out from Corsairs website that my ram timings are 3-3-3-8, but i don't know how to change that in the bios... someone please help (i found the correct screen to adjust the settings, but i don't know what to adjust)

last time I will ask you people to fix your location (Rule #10) and make a sig

I'll just start deleting posts and handing out vacations as will the rest of the mods since that is what they have been instructed to do.