looking for absolutely best heatsink for dual core opty.

Shadow of chaos

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since the si-120 is taller than the xp will it still cool the pmw/chipset area? also could someone please reccomend a fan to go with it that aint noisy and cools very well? from a uk site that also sells the 120 prefrably such as cpucity.co.uk or tekheads.co.uk also i think the stock hs is rubbish imo it dont take much volts over stock to shoot past 50c

# AMD’s new Heat pipe Stock cooling

# Thermalright HR-01

# Thermalright SI-120

# Thermaltake Big Typhoon

# Scythe NCU-2000

# Scythe Ninja

# Thermalright XP-90C

# Thermalright XP-90

# AMD Stock Cooling

# Arctic Cooling Freezer 64

# Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro

# Asus X-Mars

# Coolermaster Susurro

# Noctua NH-U 12

# Noctua NH-U 9

# Sharkoon Red Shock

# Silverstone NT02

# Scythe Samurai Z

# Scythe Shogun

# Thermalright XP-120

# Zalman CNPS9500CU

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=406

Enjoy;

FYI: SI-120 > XP-120 > XP-90C > XP-90

afaik, the xp-120 is more effective than the SI-120, but not by much. and the SI-120 is a lot easier on your board when fitting (have 2 XP-120s here)

also, from reading other boards, it appears the best air cooling is skythe (sp?) ninja, then the big typhoon. after that, maybe the XP/SI-120 etc. not sure on there.

the XP-120 with a 193Cfm 120mm delta does the trick for me tho :D

also, from reading other boards, it appears the best air cooling is skythe (sp?) ninja, then the big typhoon. after that, maybe the XP/SI-120 etc. not sure on there.

the XP-120 with a 193Cfm 120mm delta does the trick for me tho :D

This is the results from tests made by the local hardware site here in Norway

a64.png

The test is done on a Venice 3200+@2500mhz/1,6vcore

it all just depends, if you have room xp 120 with 120mm fan is best. However it takes up a massive amount of space. Make sure you have enough room for both the heatsink and fan before you get it. Also realize it gets in the way of everything.

The next best choice chich is only 1-5c behind is the xp90c with a vantec tornado.

All good choices so far....I am now using the Swiftech MCX 6400-V and getting good temps @ stock (33 C idle and about 40 C load), but I have a TT SmartFan running on 4 pin molex...so it is quite loud - about 48-50dba.

That is why I want to go with the Scythe Ninja and SilenX 14dba 74cfm fan. Putting a Panaflo L1A 120MM to suck air out of the back. That should not only get me a little better temps....but remove the hum in my room! :)

...........hands down.

CJ

keep your hands up dude, there are pleny of HSF which perform on par with TR products, that doesn't make them bad, it makes them all good.

stating that TR is "the best" --- "hands down" --- shows a lack of understanding :dog:

What is that plastic unit used to hold the two fans over the memory? Where are they available?

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticl...597&articID=399

Can you recommend a better heatsink fan for my retail Opteron heatsink? I am currently using the one that came with the retail cpu

How about a Model FFB0812SHE [ DC 12v, .87A, -F001Z06B ] which I have here from an unused AX7? Would this cool better than the one supplied by amd?