Sign in to follow this  
Shadow of chaos

looking for absolutely best heatsink for dual core opty.

well i bought the YS tech fan

"YS-TECH FD1238 120mm Fan - 4 Pin (FG-004-YS)

If you want the best performing 120mm fan available, look no further than the amazing YS-TECH FD1238. Pushing no less than a monstrous 125CFM, this fan provides the ultimate custom case cooling solution. Fitted with a 4-pin Molex (PSU) passthrough connector.

- Speed - 2800RPM

- Output - 125CFM

- Decibels - 40.5dBA

- Dimensions - 120x120x38"

I have to hope that it is not any louder, or a little quieter than the stock one i have now. The one on the heatpipe cooler seems quite loud as it is.. but i can just tolerate it.

anyone know what DB the stock fan goes at full speed on the stock hs? this will give me an idea if the 40.5 DB of the one im gonna get with the SI-120 will be loud or not.

I dont understand why the typhoon isint getting the recognition it deservs lol.

With typhoon on 2.6 ghz on 1.375 v 15 hours in prime my temps are like 37 lol, i dont see how it can get much better

Thanks for that, didnt notice it and ive been on that site :)

Guess this one im getting is actually quieter and will cool a hell of a lot more than this stock crap then.. thank god for that lol

My dual core 165 at 2.7 Mhz heatsink is working great. 30 C and 41 C at load

I just would like to know of a fan that will perform better than this even though this retail one is working great

The heatsink itself is just as good as anything out there

I have both the new heatpipe AMD cooler and a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. The F64P outguns the AMD cooler significantly. I get the feeling that the way the F64P blows its exhaust right at my dual real outlet fans that it cools substantially better simply because of that. All that heat immediately gets pulled out of the case.

I also get the feeling from looking at the tight fins of the AMD cooler that it may cool better with tons of noisy airflow. The 4 heatpipes just jam pack the thing even tighter. I replaced AMD's fan with a variable speed fan I have and blew it at full blast and got a little better performance. There was tons of heat around the thing though so obviously it's recycling its own heat.

AMD's cooler is definitely competent, and a absolute steal for free heh, but my $35 F64P is superior. And now that I've pulled off the IHS and lapped the base, it cools stunningly well. Removing the IHS helped me alot with temps.

havent long installed my SI-120 with 120mm ystech fan and at the stock voltage, my cpu was reaching 46C under load.. now i have it at just 1.4v and overclocked a little.. now its hitting 59c and its only been on for like 1-2 mins.. the stock cooler sucks, and this one doesnt seem much better.. and the temps are awful, PWM IC temp already hitting 68c and cpu is like 64c now

don't know if anyone has said this but go with scythe ninja. i have one and rigged fan to the side and my opteron 175 idles anywhere from 18-22C

havent long installed my SI-120 with 120mm ystech fan and at the stock voltage, my cpu was reaching 46C under load.. now i have it at just 1.4v and overclocked a little.. now its hitting 59c and its only been on for like 1-2 mins.. the stock cooler sucks, and this one doesnt seem much better.. and the temps are awful, PWM IC temp already hitting 68c and cpu is like 64c now

Something's not right there mate. I'd say your temps under load should be at least lower than the stock cooler not higher.

Sign in to follow this