looking for absolutely best heatsink for dual core opty.

Shadow of chaos

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOK you have a whole world to search for your answer so stop being a wuss and do a search on Google or the such.

Know dis respect but use your brain and not others if possible.

There are so many reviews out there that the 10 to 50 replies you get from here are well they just are.

have to say, overall the SI-120 is king. easy to install, 120mm fan means quiet operation and cooling performance is exceptional. plus great cooling for other MB areas. you dont really get that with the thermalright XP series.

Yes you do actually. The XP-120 does all of the same. The SI-120 was made for people that could not use the XP-120 in some systems because of it's size. Other than that, they are pretty much the same for performance.

CJ

The best of them all is the XP-120 .. i've tried all the rest (P-90 , tyfoon or w/e it's called) and the XP-120 just moved so muc hair! it keeps my CPU temps under 27 at ALL times!

I have not tried the SI-120 though, but it's a little higher.. so i guess fro mcommon sense the heatpipes will not conduct as much heat because of the space in between..

Yes you do actually. The XP-120 does all of the same. The SI-120 was made for people that could not use the XP-120 in some systems because of it's size. Other than that, they are pretty much the same for performance.

CJ

i was only referring to the span of the SI against the XP. the XP doesnt really allow any crossflow to develop. all the air is focussed through the fins and they go all the way down to the motherboard, so different airflow, same performance.

I have not tried the SI-120 though, but it's a little higher.. so i guess fro mcommon sense the heatpipes will not conduct as much heat because of the space in between..

heatpipes use an internal change of phase material to allow heat dissipation. its not really conducting in the way i think you mean. the height will not change there effective cooling. maybe if there longer they would not be as good, but im not sure they are.