G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

iRON,

You have the 2GB G.SKILL PC4000 kit or the PC3200 kit? You're confusing me with your "2GB DDR400" statements. I don't think it will take a full day unless you're a genious, LOL. From my experience i think a good week or two depends on how good you're with memory timings and i'm really not good at all. Just felt smart with my BH-5's, LOL!

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight, who's using which slots, ORANGE or Yellow? Which one is working better for them, just curious...

Always use the orange slots. I doubt anyone is using the yellows here.

iRON,

You have the 2GB G.SKILL PC4000 kit or the PC3200 kit? You're confusing me with your "2GB DDR400" statements. I don't think it will take a full day unless you're a genious, LOL. From my experience i think a good week or two depends on how good you're with memory timings and i'm really not good at all. Just felt smart with my BH-5's, LOL!

I originally bought the g.skill 2GB DDR400 kit from newegg.com and was not happy with the OC results. So I am going to return them and I purchase and been using the g.skill 2GB DDR500 kit for a week now (it was cheaper than the DDR400 kit wth?) I got the DDR500 to use less of a ram divider and get better performance out of faster RAM, but it has been is a nightmare with dividers and making sure it was stable.

AMD/DFI need to make better crap or someone needs to. Shouldn't have to tweak it so badly just because it is 2GB and not 1GB, stuff starts to freak out because of it. I hope in the future makin 2GB work just by physically installing it and no tweaking at all HAppens! Seeing that 2gb is becoming more and more of a standard for gamers etc.. Using 1GB was a breeze, everything on auto besides 7/10 divider and worked like a charm! Idunno what it is, stupid memory controller? pos, or the mobo? Blah!

I'm getting restless but I guess I'll keep tweaking and tweaking. Today I woke up with my PC shut off, GJ RAM! haha.

Yeah what is with passing LARGE FTT and small ftt test but failing the blend test in 2 minutes? I don't get it.

If you guys go by the little write up i did, you really can't go wrong. Just be patient as with any overclocking. It takes time and patience. These sticks are generally very good overclockers and great performers. Let me know if you need any help.

CJ

Yeah what is with passing LARGE FTT and small ftt test but failing the blend test in 2 minutes? I don't get it.

Large FFT's is more CPU intensive with a average bit of ram. Blend is very very memory intensive. Custom would be better for you, click on large fft's, then click on custom. This will allow you to tweak large fft's to suit you. Put 700-900mb of ram used.

CJ

Pull up torture test, and click on largefft's

attachment.php?attachmentid=3964&stc=1

then click on custom, use these settings

attachment.php?attachmentid=3965&stc=1

blend alone tests 1790mb ram, which will cause your system to become really slow and you will be unable to use it for anything. 750mb is plenty of memory to test and will reveal any issues that may be there.

CJ

Hey ironetik....my gskills plugged and played at rated speeds with NO tweaking....I thank DFI for this....maybe you should look at your PSU as a possible issue........be patient dude.....the speed will come.

Yah mine plugs and plays @ rated speeds but not @ 260mhz with my PC oc'ed from 1.8 to 2.6GHZ. So okay :D Ill be patient. Since it is not design to be plugged n play while OC'ed. Blah haha! My PSU is fine btw. :P

I just havent had enough time to sit down and mess with it for a whole day straight, I wish i could do that ! Ugh school so stressful

Thanks for all your help guys. Let you know my results later tonight (if i get any :D )

okay, so here is my HZ in action, though no I have not reached stability yet, BUT I DID HIT 2.9, and made it in to WINDOWS!!!!

ARGH.................trying to get image to display!

Desktop2.gif

<<<<"Grumbles in languaged curses at the fancy thinking box"

Can any one please post your the software that you use for OCing. (tweaking software) As well as which version. Most of this is Shareware. If you have a link post it please.

I notice many different programs that do relativily the same thing exspecially in the memmory tweaker side of things. I only use bios for all tweaking. But I am willing to look at other options.