Sign in to follow this  
ooztuncer

G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

Mack27said:

Those settings are different in A64Tweaker or any software you use to define it. If you go into the Bios, it would be 3120, so on and so on...so don't look for those goofy numbers. Does that help? Now if you're trying to find out the actual number, now that's going to be some hard work, unless there is an easier way to do it, anyone?

If you want to see what those "goofy" mhz/us settings are after you select in the bios you can also try Everest (if it posts and boots the os):

Everest>Motherboard>Chipset>Memory Timings

It has shown me those that I have had the courage to try and that post. But more often than not I can't post or crash when I experiment w tref (get used to "cmos clear")

This ram is so finnicky. The difference of one slight setting is enough to make the system post or crash.

I can have every setting extremely tight or loose and it doesn't matter unless I set read preamble to 6. If I don't set it to 6 windows won't post regardless of other settings. This is at stock 250 mhz mind you.

Guest cloud_171

I just got the 2gig HZ on friday and I've been trying to overclock it all weekend. I've tried g.skill technican's method half way and I topped around 280 and got it stable at 265 @ 2.6V. I basiclly used cpmf configuration. I've been trying to get 270 working with every possible voltage and it always seems to fail. Is there anything else I can do to push it up more?

I pretty much did the same thing as you and also topped out at about 265Mhz (Prime Stable), anything over that and Prime would fail within a few hours. At 265Mhz I was running the modules at 3-4-4-8 (1T) on 2.65v and using BIOS version 12/07 on my Expert. Some people have found additional Mhz by switching to (2T) but I wasn't able to get much from switching. Even though they topped out at 265Mhz for me I was pretty happy as it put me about about 2.915Ghz. Great memory for the price!

I believe these are UCCC chips but I've been unable to varify. Anyways they run great, I get 270 @ 3-4-3-8 1T, the rated timings. Right now I'm running them @ the 180 divider, with HTT @ 292. The memory mhz is 265.5 with this divider at this HTT. This is in the OC Database.

I've not fooled much with the ram, they won't post or run winders if I change what I've changed so far. Oh, 6/23 A3 bios.

I can't eek another 10mhz out of this rig, so any suggestions would be helpful, and does anyone know if this ram is UCCC.

Roger_D25

What multiplier are you running on. I got my new LA back from RMA late last week. it runs great but as an example:-

I want to get 3k stable so have been looking @running 273~275 x11. I can do this but not prime stable. However I can prime using small FFTs all day @3k so CPU is ok, I then dropped a multiplier to 275x10 & ran Sp2004 with large FFYs (to stress memory) this ran error free overnight 8.5hrs, showing that there was nothing wrong with memory or settings. I am thinking therefore that the weak link here is the memory controller.

luck ;)

not gskill and not 260 plus but only cause i'm running it on a 180 divider. i figured i'd post it up anyway.

picked up some corsair value select cause i saw samsung uccc chips (i work at a computer store). prime blend is 2hrs stable at 280 3-4-4-8 and 2.8v. currently 254 is solid at 2.5v and 3-4-4-12(running those timings cause memtest shows no bandwidth improvement with 3-4-4-8). anyway here's a screeny. someday when i'm bored i'll push higher but i like my cpu at this speed. haven't tried 280 with 2.9v cause the ram gets pretty hot at 2.8 so i've got to find a way to rig a fan.

28super3ca.jpg

oh btw, the date code on the uccc is 546. i'm sure i could be stable at higher than 254 but i'm content for now.

I have looked around what bios versions are best

-1 or -3

I have found 623-2 to work well with my system..but not sure -2 will be good with this ram

also to do prefer orange or yellow slots?