G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just put these sticks in and I must say I am very impressed so far. Installed them in place of my OCZ Gold PC-4000 XTC 2gb kit and so far they rock. I am running at 275fsb memtest and Prime stable. I haven't really had a chance to do much tweaking but I will in the next few days and post up my final bios settings and max overclock. For $178 after rebate you cannot beat these sticks.

Good work M8, now teach me! LOL.....

sent you a PM.......

here is what i wrote, so everybody else can see.....this is the very shortened version:

Start at 250mhz 1:1 200divider. Use the timings i have but use 3.4.4.8, start clockgen and run prime. Up the FSB 250, 251, 252....ect until you get an error in prime(large FFT's). Note the max mhz before you got an error, subtract 5mhz from that number this will be important later. Go into BIOS and enable memtest. Start with test #8 and see if ytou get errors, at the max fsb minus 5mhz(if your max was 280mhz, this would be 275). The lower half of the timings is the most sensitive of the timings. You will start to see errors in test 8......note how many errors took place, Go into BIOS again...and start making changes, one by one....starting at the bottom. Note the changes you made. Go back into memtest and run test 8 again, not the number of errors. You keep doing this in test 8 until you get down to zero errors, then go to test # 5, you may get a few errors in test five. use the notes you took on what effected the errors in test 8 and make the appropriate changes so that you can pass at least 5 passes of test 5. If you can't get all the errors out of these tests, you may have to back down FSB 1-2 more mhz...then keep going. Once you have all the errors down to 0 both test 5 and 8(and you are prime stable), then you can try to tighten your main timings up, first try 3.4.4.7.....then 3.4.3.8.......3.4.3.7...3.3.3.8....ect(basically, lower each number and see if it works in memtest, make note of your changes as always and what each lowering did). Get them the lowest you can at that FSB......you may not be able to run anything less than 3.4.4.8....but thats OK....

Then, i suggest finding your next level down from your higest, that you can run on a divider with you CPU at max clock(or whatever you prefer).....at this next level down, see if you can get some tighter timings, by doing the same procedure.....keep in mind that by this time, you already know what will work for your max, this will make everything lower than max alot easier to tweak out. You will most likely be able to greatly improve timings as you go down in ram speed, if you did your max settings correctly(if you follow my suggestions, you should be able to systematically get everything correct). I was able to really tighten the timings up at 252mhz, my max is 276mhz.

I'm currently working on 200 mhz timings, which should really be tight, considering what i have been able to squeez out of DDR504..3.4.3.5...i will report my findings when i get done.

Once this is down, boot back into windows and run prime large FFT's and see how long is takes to error out(hopefully it does not). You want to do this after every final for each FSB mhz you decide to run, that you got all the errors out in memtest.

Good luck

CJ

CPU @2.6Ghz 289x9 1.55v memory on a 180 divider @260MHz 3448 2.6v......STABLE!

primestable26ghz260mhzddr5201s.th.jpg

I'm so gonna try your settings :D Same bios, same processor and motherboard. I had 289X9 with 1 gb but cant get it with this 2gb kit.

First off! OCZ had issues with CL2 form the start for me, regardless of what forced timings I used. The Max OC with OCZ for me was 2.7v 2.5-3-2-5t1 HTT 230x11. (had issue with prime at stock 2-3-2-5-t1) Also t2 made no differnce for me. Everest band width 6300ish. Sandra.13 6400ish. 3d05 7105

Now the Gskill HZ is runnind stable for 28 hours on Prime at CL3-4-4-8@t1 2.7v, HTT 260x10 ((2600mhz) DDR520. Everest bandwidth increased to 6700ish. Sandra went to 6700ish as well. 3d05 7295. I can't get Gskill stable at 2t with anything (lol-not that you want to.) Memtest fails after 5 hours and so does Prime with t2. I am sold on this UCCC.

NOTE I only picked up 190 on 3d05. but increased bandwidth 300-400mhz. over the tighter timings. I also now that my CPU's max OC is about 2700 regardeless of any sticks.

Disclaimer, NO Dividers I repeat NO Dividers where used in this testing. AS well as no injuries incured by me or any other pc's. Please remember to be a safe OC'er and remember to obay all the laws and to buckle up. You'll shoot your eye out!.

Will post captured screens of the bench mark test as soon as get a chance.

Has anyone had success with this RAM and dividers like 9/10 and 5/6? Doesn't seem like anyone here uses them and if they do the answer is NO! I don't want 250 1:1 for a lousy 2320 ghz. Before with my 1GB DDR400 kit i used a 7/10 divider! and it was prime stable for 48 hours!

WOW :drool: thats an AMD 3000 AT 2600ish speeds. If thats with air cooling I will puke! DO you know your CPU stepping or the batch.

I believe that is with no divider as well. :shake:

I have revision E3 and yes with air cooling, XP-120 with panaflo medium. Now I just need this 2GB kit to work with this CPU OC :) YAH DAMN project, just need a good day to do all this, usually i only have a few hours a night! I run prime before i go to bed and wake up wiht it beeping after 2 minutes LOL! Yeah but blend fails fast...RAM fails a little after and CPU is stable (but i knew this alrdy) Maybe I should just say screw it and keep my g.skill 2GB DDR400 ram and use 7/10 divider with my 289FSB.

:P