G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be able to get some sort of stability. I can run benchmarks and game almost without incident (computer has only crashed once). I was able to run Prime for 11hrs. but it failed soon after that. Memtest does 20 passes error free. I'm going to try playing with the other memory settings a little more and see how it goes. I truly believe that these sticks are capable of more than decent overclocks, I just need to figure out the right settings.

This is the most I can get out of my sticks. And for all that say this ram is finicky, I agree 100%! You really have to forget all that you did with your old ram because almost nothing applies when using these HZ's.

Hopefully my settings can at least get you going. I'm using the latest DFI bios that has the FX60 support because with the same settings using 704-bt2a, I can't even post.

This is the most I can get out of my sticks. And for all that say this ram is finicky, I agree 100%! You really have to forget all that you did with your old ram because almost nothing applies when using these HZ's.

Hopefully my settings can at least get you going. I'm using the latest DFI bios that has the FX60 support because with the same settings using 704-bt2a, I can't even post.

Looks good. Running Prime now so I can't try it until it fails (hopefully it won't).

Guest cloud_171

Thanks! It acutally got into windows amazingly enough! Also very impressive overclock! I hope to hit that with my operon. If only I had a money to get a dual core.

I will add my results here too. Well, not for the xls file (which is awesome btw!), but more of the "yeah, these new HZs are performing horribly for me too!"

I wrote up a big report over here:

EOC Thread - My Report

Basically, I ran into a wall at 260. I am actually going to see if these are even stable at 250. I know they are stable around 200, as thats what they were at during my CPU OCing attempts! But 200 ?!?!? GAH!

Really aweful ram as far as I have. Other people may have better luck with theirs, but I am running out of ideas!!! :confused:

I don;t know why you all are having so many issues, I memtested for 16 hours.

hot 300, hot 290, 280, 270, 260.

With the last Bios released by DFI.

I'm also using the last official DFI BIOS. I think I'm screwing up somewhere. Funny thing is that if I try to set memory settings manually (the ones shown in the spreadsheet or my own) my computer won't even POST. However, if I leave everything on auto and set the recommended timmings I can load Windows but the stability just isn't there.

I'm also using the last official DFI BIOS. I think I'm screwing up somewhere. Funny thing is that if I try to set memory settings manually (the ones shown in the spreadsheet or my own) my computer won't even POST. However, if I leave everything on auto and set the recommended timmings I can load Windows but the stability just isn't there.

Same. DFI Official 623-3 bios.

I have more luck though... I can get it to post. Even when I have set each and every item in the list. Actually, I have very few things on auto.

However, my problem is getting it stable anywhere above stock 250 clock. There are some evil settings in there that wont let me get beyond POST, but most settings allow me to get to memtest. My report image I have shows a bunch of settings I tried that let me get to memtest (but not stable)... as well as a few at the end that simply wouldnt let me boot.

SETTINGS GRAPH

I don;t know why you all are having so many issues, I memtested for 16 hours.

hot 300, hot 290, 280, 270, 260.

With the last Bios released by DFI.

Because we are all stupid?

Really, you got a nice set there but you can check several forums and figure out in a very short time that only a very small few have sticks like yours.

From what I can tell, 265-270 seems about that average folks are squeezing out of the HZ's.