Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had an Ultra D board fail or an Opteron 165 fail?

Today, either my Ultra D and Opteron 165 failed

All of a sudden the system locked up. So I shut it down and it would go to the Lanparty screen only. I could not get into the bios even after several attempts and reboots. I changed out the power supply to PC Power and Cooling one Just to rule that out and then no boot at all. I called DFI and they want me to RMA the board. I pulled the Opty 165 and put it in another board to test it. It appears the Opteron 165 is dead because I get no video and I have used different video cards. Its possible that my CPU died all by itself, or that the motherboard went bad and caused the CPU to fail as well.

Thanks,

Jason

this thread isn't for technical support....

Thats interesting because at the beginning of this thread it was stated that we could ask anything. I guess you really did not mean what you posted.

Jason

Thats interesting because at the beginning of this thread it was stated that we could ask anything. I guess you really did not mean what you posted.

Jason

that's interesting that you didn't read this thread other htan the first post because I think there's probably 10+ times where I tell people THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD SO STOP ASKING FOR SUPPORT AND POST YOUR SUPPORT QUESTIONS IN THE RIGHT AREA

but you know...you probably didn't bother to read anything but that first post right?

and you know...why would I have a 'HEY, GET YOUR TECH SUPPORT HERE!' thread in the OFF TOPIC section when there's....oh...I don't know....A WHOLE FORUM FULL OF SUPPORT AREAS.

here again we see someone that thinks they are a special little snowflake and can bypass the line to get in the front door...?

that's interesting that you didn't read this thread other htan the first post because I think there's probably 10+ times where I tell people THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD SO STOP ASKING FOR SUPPORT AND POST YOUR SUPPORT QUESTIONS IN THE RIGHT AREA

but you know...you probably didn't bother to read anything but that first post right?

and you know...why would I have a 'HEY, GET YOUR TECH SUPPORT HERE!' thread in the OFF TOPIC section when there's....oh...I don't know....A WHOLE FORUM FULL OF SUPPORT AREAS.

here again we see someone that thinks they are a special little snowflake and can bypass the line to get in the front door...?

I guess you must get off on putting other people down right? If you had bothered to read my post, I did not ask for any tech support. What I did ask is if anyone knew of an Opteron 165 failing in an Ultra D board. I did not ask how to fix it or what to do about it. I would think based on your experience that you would know not to make assumptions.

I guess you must get off on putting other people down right? If you had bothered to read my post, I did not ask for any tech support. What I did ask is if anyone knew of an Opteron 165 failing in an Ultra D board. I did not ask how to fix it or what to do about it. I would think based on your experience that you would know not to make assumptions.

you asking if an Opteron failed on an Ultra-D = tech support questions....belongs in the NF4 Support section...not in this thread....maybe YOU should read a little?

Angry, whats your favorite colour of Jelly Bean? Whats Momma's?

forgive me if this question has been answered already.. ;)

hrmmm...red for me

I hate black jelly beans

no I am not racist when it comes to jelly beans...I hate licorice...it's a disgusting flavor

blue raspberry...now that is the shiizznatch!