Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

Guest Bulldog

Dear Mr Angry:

After reading thru your "revelations", I am now convinced that god isn't real. However mortals need guidance and someone needs to be god. I propose that, you Mr Angry take over this position, and set up the "Cult of Angry". If so can we have cool sheepskin pagan hats? Can we live at a ranch in Waco? Can I be a disciple and have a gun? Can I joyride in the cult UFO? I promise to have it back before we all need to get on it to get to the alien mothership hiding behind the moon.

- A true follower of the angry way. :angel:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

momma mentioned to me earlier tonight that she was damn tired of everyone posting asking me about religion stuff...and I have to agree...I can only explain my views so many times before I finally realize that people just don't want to read...like my answer is going to change because they asked me for the 14th time...

Dont you just hate that...when life gets too repetative....??? really you dont have to answer that...

I am sure there are some who have not followed this thred from the begining and want to see what it's about so they hit the "last page" link and scroll to the top read from there then post....shame on you...come on 268 pages of Q & A isnt to much to read in your spare 5 minutes is it...???

Like you really have anything better to do...your already in front of the pc reading everything else here....

Just because one persons views on a subject may not agree with anothers doesnt mean that will change the views and opinions of others that read...people are different for a reason...I personally have my own views but will not post them as fear of offending some others...

I think This is a good thread but...some questions have been asked and answered a little more than need be...( too many times) enjoy...

I'm not out to offend you or anything AG. Of course it is arrogant to assume that you know anything about something that is beyond human minds to imagine. To say that the imagination is limited by the things it cannot imagine is kind of redundant and not really an argument... This is a logical fallacy known as begging the question. If something spiritual and/or mystical is truly "totally beyond the scope of human assumption, imagination, comprehension", then there are thousands of years worth of nearly the entire world's population that have assumptions, imaginations, and comprehension of something completely beyond their capacity. So everyone who thinks they know anything about anything beyond life is arrogant? Isn't that kind of an arrogant opinion? I mean, how do you know what is beyond life to say that it is unknowable?

Anyway... that is the last thing I'm going to say because I really don't want to seem argumentative here. I enjoy a good debate as much as the next person, but I've seen a lot of complaints about this topic so I'll move on...

NEW TOPIC:

AG- What is the country you would most like to visit and why?

ah

but

you don't really know this

you are just using human intelligence to ASSUME that you know because of the laws of science that we have around us (as well as adding in some mystical/spiritual essence because after all, when you talk about a God, you are talking about something spiritual and/or mystical...something I explained earlier as being 'totally beyond the scope of human assumption, imagination, comprehension').

Again...it is totally arrogant to assume that you know anything about something that is beyond human minds to imagine.

Hope springs eternal.

My DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI Expert has started rebooting whenever the CPU fan starts running at high speed.

This build has Antec 500 smartpower. Has run fine since build two weeks ago and now this. 6 rebbots within hour.

AMD 3700. One drive. Geforce 6800gt card. 2gig ram..

Help me Mr. Wizard...

mebbe you didn't read all of this thread

there's about 5 - 10 posts where I state this thread IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT SO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT TECHNICAL SUPPORT WILL BE IGNORED

AG- What is the country you would most like to visit and why?

Austrailia or New Zealand so I can move there and get away from the Gestapo known as Republicans (The Bunglers Who Are Evil)

actually....Canada

I think momma and I are going to move to Canada eventually if we can get citizenship.

Canada is the place I really want to be (even though it is colder than hell).

I like Canada, and I think Canadians are the tops, and so does momma.

Nice... I'm in clan divinity (#div on irc ETG) and a lot of my clanmates are from Canada... They seem to like it pretty well. :nod:

Austrailia or New Zealand so I can move there and get away from the Gestapo known as Republicans (The Bunglers Who Are Evil)

actually....Canada

I think momma and I are going to move to Canada eventually if we can get citizenship.

Canada is the place I really want to be (even though it is colder than hell).

I like Canada, and I think Canadians are the tops, and so does momma.

mebbe you didn't read all of this thread

there's about 5 - 10 posts where I state this thread IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT SO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT TECHNICAL SUPPORT WILL BE IGNORED

You are right I did not read all of this thread and suppose I should have read all those enlightened comments. I was trying to find the appropriate thread to ask my questions. So I read the opening line by you I believe:

"ok, so here's a thread for everyone (that would be me) to just ask 'anything' they want (that would also be me). you can ask me, or momma, or both of us."

Gee whiz, I am just one of those 55 year old Republican's you rant about that provides over 400 jobs to I think appreciative people. As far as Gestapo, my father actually fought the Nazi's and was honored by a resolution by the Texas Senate upon his death for his bravery.

I won't go into my fun in late1960's when I went and all the punks ran to Canada then spit on my buddies when they came home. I was lucky as I got to ride on a stretcher and did not have to endure that.

My brother-in-law is a Marine Major in Iraq. My 19 year old son is a Navy corpsman assigned to the Marines and will end up in Iraq. Most of my managers are former Marines and they don't come any better. They are all about respect, focus and commitment to something bigger than them, like the Consitution.

I come to this site because I am committing my company to large purchases of equipment and want to learn as much as I can from cutting edge folks.

If DFI wins that deal, then I think we will be considered a fair size customer. By the way do you work for DFI?

After all I have been through in my life, shot, cut, blown up, beat up, ran over, etc. I try and be respectful of all folks. I especially try not to demean them. I have learned over my life time that people who belittle people over the phone, email etc. are typically cowards, but hey you never know.

You see I have been where all the clever words in the world would not save you, only your "real" buddies with guts and bullets. Luck was helpful.

So if I mistepped into a "thread" that required me to read all the posts before entering I am truly sorry.

If someone would be "kind" enough to direct me to the "right" thread (as opposed to left) I would be most appreciative.

You are right I did not read all of this thread and suppose I should have read all those enlightened comments. I was trying to find the appropriate thread to ask my questions. So I read the opening line by you I believe:

"ok, so here's a thread for everyone (that would be me) to just ask 'anything' they want (that would also be me). you can ask me, or momma, or both of us."

Gee whiz, I am just one of those 55 year old Republican's you rant about that provides over 400 jobs to I think appreciative people. As far as Gestapo, my father actually fought the Nazi's and was honored by a resolution by the Texas Senate upon his death for his bravery.

I won't go into my fun in late1960's when I went and all the punks ran to Canada then spit on my buddies when they came home. I was lucky as I got to ride on a stretcher and did not have to endure that.

My brother-in-law is a Marine Major in Iraq. My 19 year old son is a Navy corpsman assigned to the Marines and will end up in Iraq. Most of my managers are former Marines and they don't come any better. They are all about respect, focus and commitment to something bigger than them, like the Consitution.

I come to this site because I am committing my company to large purchases of equipment and want to learn as much as I can from cutting edge folks.

If DFI wins that deal, then I think we will be considered a fair size customer. By the way do you work for DFI?

After all I have been through in my life, shot, cut, blown up, beat up, ran over, etc. I try and be respectful of all folks. I especially try not to demean them. I have learned over my life time that people who belittle people over the phone, email etc. are typically cowards, but hey you never know.

You see I have been where all the clever words in the world would not save you, only your "real" buddies with guts and bullets. Luck was helpful.

So if I mistepped into a "thread" that required me to read all the posts before entering I am truly sorry.

If someone would be "kind" enough to direct me to the "right" thread (as opposed to left) I would be most appreciative.

well...lets see

if you are an ex-military guy, and I have no reason to believe otherwise (and wouldnt really matter either way), then you are used to rules.

And you are used to following rules

and right when you signed up for this, you were instructed to check a box that said READ THE RULES

so far so good right?

You've done all that cuz I see a signature

then you start looking at the forum

and you see the forum broken down into a bunch of sections...NF2, NF3, NF4, ATI, Intel...Overclocking...Cooling and Modding...For Sale...ya still with me?

So I'm thinking that being a good rule reader and such, and being still alive through wars and such, that you've grown pretty good at keeping common sense about ya.

Which means you'd have taken a moment to notice the most popular section of the forums, which, of course, fits you perfectly since you have one of those NF4 motherboards...and it CLEARLY states

nVidia nForce 4 (20 Viewing)

64-bit nForce 4 chipsets

so there's your first clue that this is where you want to be asking questions, since it is the support section, and there's oh...13,497 threads, and 112,976 posts...all about NF4 support stuff.

Are we still on the same page?

so why in the world then, I ask you, being a good american and a good rule follower (and I never met a military man that wasn't a stickler for following rules and having a good chunk of common sense about him), would you ask me a question in a thread that has zero to do with tech support, that is a thread to ask us random questions about everything but tech support, and I've stated numerous times I will not answer tech support questions, they need to be posted in the proper section?

I mean, I really don't expect everyone to read a thread with 704 posts from beginning to end...but I do expect that I shouldn't have to worry about it since there's a huge giant forum full of support areas to ask the very question you are asking.

now...we've got all that cleared up and straightened, yes?

Ok

so now here's a bit of rant about people who want to explain to me how they are republicans and create jobs and have family members including themselves that are military and they fight for my freedoms and take bullets etc who want to threaten me (veiled or not) that they are about to make some giant purchase from the company I work for (but does not own this website, which I do, and i pay for out of my own pocket, and I take care of and support in my spare time when I am not doing direct customer support and fixing customer setups that have been sent to me), and if I don't grovel or treat them with some kind of deference, they will try and make my life miserable and DFI might miss out on some giant sales.

Well

here's my answer to that

I think you sorta already have my answer to that.

I appreciate all customers who decide to purchase DFI products. This forum was started JUST FOR YOU.

But I'm one of those people that think the world needs people who can help themselves as much as possible.

If I didn't, I would have made DFI run the forum themselves or I would have never started this forum, and I would still be holding everyone's hand in tech support like poor Rgone still has to do every day (and I get to read those glamorous emails and boy let me tell you, thank god we have this forum and a lot of excellent community members to make it the kind of place it has become).

Is that answer not explanatory enough?

I am not trying to be rude. I am just giving back to you in the same tone what you basically said in your post that I have quoted.

I don't care if you are a rebublican, democrat, liberal, communist, whatever.

I don't care if you lost both legs for our country or ran to Canada like a little chicken girl.

I don't care if you are the president of hte USA himself or just another joe schmoe like the rest of us in this forum.

Everyone needs to take a moment to take a nice deep breath.

I don't have time for open or veiled threats, and honestly, I dont care who you are, I only care you are a DFI customer.

Which means you know already where the appropriate section for your question is and you are looking to try and start something ugly with me, or you didn't bother to read any rules or forum sections and came straight here with blinders on not even caring that the forum is already laid out just for you to find the answers you need and if you can't find them, post in the proper section (that is again, all laid out for you to easily find) and get some real help, whether it is from me, or from any of the 20,000+ community members here.

So before you go replying in a big rant, or sending my bossmen a nasty email telling them what a jerk I am and how I just lost a big giant sale for the company...take a minute to think about how a forum could survive for a couple of years and still get nearly 1000 new members a month, and the majority of them happy enough to continue purchasing DFI motherboards.

You aren't a special snowflake. You are another forum member that has shown up and felt like they got the wrong end of the Angry boot (gestapo or not...my grandfather fought both the nazi's and the fascists in Italy...momma's father was spit on, kicked, called baby killer and baby raper, and won't even acknowledge that he was in Vietnam because of the things he had to deal with there).

You haven't gotten the wrong end of the boot. You've just been instructed to take a moment to find the appropriate section because let's be honest...the appropriate section isn't all that hard to find (being again, the most popular section in the entire forum).

As ExRoadie says...if you allow yourself to become offended by someone telling you you have done something wrong, then it is not something that anyone of us can fix for you.

From here, you can realize that you just posted in teh wrong section and got the answer that more than a few others have gotten from me for posting in this thread about tech stuff (and had their post deleted also), and realize that I'm not out to get you personally and go about making the appropriate thread in the appropriate section (and *gasp* Angry will even come in to that thread and offer support), and we can be friends.

Or you can take this all very personally and do what many others before you have done and gotten the vindictive bug and tried to make my life miserable (and jobless).

But, if you have read anything around these forums, you can sense that I love my job but I ain't all wrapped up in it so tight I'm gonna grovel at anyone's feet over a perceived slight and some guilt because you fought for america's freedoms and continue to supply the military meat grinder with family members to allow jerks like me to be able to spout off without fear of government repression (or communist repression I suppose lol). Seems like you think a jerk like me don't appreciate what you and your sons and family do...but that just isn't true, and you don't even know me, so you can't possibly have any preconceived notions about me and how I feel about such a subject, which has nothing to do with you posting in the wrong thread and taking offense at it anyway.

I do apologize if you feel offended or wronged however, as customers are important.

But you know where to post, and now you know that I have given you 100% attention with this lengthy reply, instead of just telling you to hose off or deleting your post, or trying to insult you openly.