Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

What got you interested in hockey?I personally don't like sports... whats the point of watching two teams shooting/kicking/throwing an object into a target(net)

Hockey is a crazy, fast-paced, exciting sport that you just can't help getting in to. To me, its not just two teams shooting pucks, its 10 guys beating the snot out of one another and skating hard to win. We didn't grow up with hockey and really didn't know what it was until the 2003 stanely cup finals when AG started watching it and then got me hooked. We began playing Xbox hockey a ton and from there we just became rabid fans. You seriously don't want to be our neighbors in about 2 weeks when the playoffs start.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hockey rocks. I went to my first game two years ago in Toronto and saw the Toronto Maple Leafs play the Dallas Stars and I had a blast! Go first time you get an opportunity and you will be hooked.

My first hockey game was with the Maple Leafs as well. It was back in the early 90's when only half the players wore helmets. I've loved watching hockey ever since. I don't actually follow a team, but I love watching the games.

Hockey rocks. I went to my first game two years ago in Toronto and saw the Toronto Maple Leafs play the Dallas Stars and I had a blast! Go first time you get an opportunity and you will be hooked.

@Angry, why the hell did you move to Idaho? or Montana? Whichever it is.

Angry,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your reply to my questions. It really gives me some insight into your character and personality. I didn't consider that asking (nor you answering) would open up a can of worms on religion or politics, so I hope that it doesn't. I'll make three comments and then move onto the important question that was at the very end of my first post.

Religion can be dangerous (just like politicians)

Jesus was a special gift to mankind

Faith is good

Now the biggie . . . . . Drum roll please . . . . .

How long will it take to fry an egg on the Radeon X1900XT? (just in case my stove goes out) :)

nah i figured that (after we butted heads when you first joined lol) you were genuinely interested in my opinions about it so thats why I gave such a long answer...I could have written 100,000 more words about it and still had much more to write but I decided that too many people snoozing on the boards from reading my crap would produce bad karma lol

as for the X1900XT

I'm trying to find anyone and everyone that has any contacts with any ATI gpu mfg so I can get one of these cards and see what all the hoopla is about. DFI is honestly too cheap or too poor to supply their tech support team with these cards, and doesn't seem interested in acquiring them for us, yet we are the top tier support for the top overclocking premium motherboards in the world *sigh*.

So

I just need some contacts and I will work my magic...OCZ and DangerDen and many other companies that I get a lot of hardware from have realized the importance and the potential of DFI-Street and they've seen sales go up (and sometimes WAY THE $^%@#$ UP!) if I and Rgone get a specific part, and it works, and we like it....because we pimp (brainwash) you guys about how excellent it is, and a lot of you that trust us rush out to buy it knowing we wouldn't lie about it, and then you all that bought it gush like little girls about how awesome it is, and then it starts a freakin flood of customers buying the product....so it is always a good idea for companies to let us take a crack at their good products ;)

What got you interested in hockey?I personally don't like sports... whats the point of watching two teams shooting/kicking/throwing an object into a target(net)

I'd played a little NHL2002 on the pc with my buddy up in WA and thought it was cool...and then one day I was just watching NBC or ESPN or something and it was the very first day of the NHL 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I thought to myself...well, I totally dig playing hockey on the PC, but I never actually watched real hockey before honestly, so I'll sit down and really really give it a shot...I'll watch at least 3 COMPLETE games start to finish and if I find it stupid and boring like Football, Baseball, and Basketball (Thugball or Gangstaball, take your pick), then I will just play it on the PC and Xbox, and be done with it (because I hate sports on tv unless it is Pole-Dancing or Jello Wrestling etc)

then they played a montage of all the teams that made it to the playoffs that year (16 of them whew!), and I, not knowing anything about hockey, just watched all 16 montages and decided that NJ Devils had the coolest colors (you know, just like women picking a team lol...they always pick based on colors).

Well, the first game was intense...it was pretty fast and hard hitting, and I think the second game was the Devils and they played the "trap" defense which is boring as hell but full of huge, bone-jarring hits when an opposing forward got caught between Scott Stevens and Scott Neidermeyer (two huge nasty defensemen).

So I kept watching, and the best part of it all was watching the actual Finals, and Anaheim and NJ Devils went a full seven games...and I screamed my head off and bit off all my fingernails and drove the neighbors crazy because it was the most intense 7 games of any sport I have ever watched.

Then right after that we moved up here to Boise, right as our local minor league pro team started the playoffs...having never been to a real hockey game, we went on the first home game in the playoffs, and was just freakin HOOKED from then on...and karma was good as our team won the entire championship that year, so we bought season tickets and now we scream and yell and act crazy at those games, then come home and scream and yell at the television watching real NHL games.

And as momma says...in about 2 or 3 weeks when the NHL playoffs start, the neighbors had better go on vacation as if you think hockey is intense, you've never watched playoff hockey (think Final Four college basketball but guys hitting each other at 25mph and rebounding them off the glass lol)

and what is better than watching hockey on television?

watching hockey on television in High Definition

and what is better than watching hockey in HDTV?

watching hockey in person

and what could possibly be better than watching hockey in person?

learning to play hockey yourself

;)

My first hockey game was with the Maple Leafs as well. It was back in the early 90's when only half the players wore helmets. I've loved watching hockey ever since. I don't actually follow a team, but I love watching the games.

@Angry, why the hell did you move to Idaho? or Montana? Whichever it is.

I was born in Idaho, grew up first 15 years in southern Idaho in Twin Falls (ie: where Evil Kenieval or whatever the hell his name was tried to jump the Snake River Canyon), then moved to Florida for 12 years or so, then came back to take care of my mom who was dying of bone cancer.

I'd planned to go on to Portland, OR but then I met momma, and we decided to stay as Boise is an excellent town with great weather, low traffic, low crime, and is growing pretty large, plus it has AA pro hockey, and she can finish school at Boise State U.

(besides, to teach in Oregon, you must have a Master's Degree which is like 2 more years or school or something)

AG,

Have you ever read any Douglas Adams? If so, what have you read and what did you think?

If not, I think you should... His books are hilariously sarcastic and cynical and give you the feeling of sitting down when its cold outside and someone has just gotten up so your butt is all warm and toasty. LOL!

i read them as a younger teenager but honestly I wasn't real impressed with them

to me its like a movie or a music cd that everyone just fawns over and gushes over and repeats like bleating sheep "OMG THIS IS THE BEST EVER!!!" and when you watch the movie, listen to the music, or read the book, you come away thinking "wtf...were all these people high on some good dope when they checked this out because honestly I thought it was just...not that good" lol

now I'm sure a lot of Douglas Adams fans will want to roast me for thinking such a thing...but honestly...I was never that impressed with him or his books.

But

I bet there are a lot of things that I love to the point of addiction that you guys would say "wtf was AG smoking when he recommended that crap to me???" hehe

Angry... I grew up on ice skates in the northeast, and played hockey on the frozen ponds in the winter up until I was around 10 or 11. I left skating behind when I was 13 and we moved to southern California. Back in the late 50's. Got to go to a few NHL games up till I was around 12 or so, but have faint memory of them. To be honest, watching hockey on TV doesn’t do much for me, but a few years ago they were experimenting with some device in the pucks that allowed the puck to be seen no matter where it went, even behind the barriers, but I haven’t seen that for a while. What happened to that idea? That was the only time I enjoyed watching hockey on TV. Without that device, it’s just too darned hard to follow the puck.

but a few years ago they were experimenting with some device in the pucks that allowed the puck to be seen no matter where it went, even behind the barriers, but I haven’t seen that for a while.

hahahahahahahah

that would be Fox and their sick, stupid, lame attempt to get people to watch hockey by making it have a blue trail (and it would turn red depending on how fast the puck was shot)

it was a dumb idea and everyone hated it and you can google to find out just how bad it turned out ;)

hockey on tv has improved a lot...and hockey on HD television...is fantastic!

you should start skating again...there's a lot of old guys that play here with me :tooth:

author is the first thing I look for, as well as reviews in newspapers second.

Stephen King

Dan Simmons

Michael Crichton

Terry Goodkind

those are just 4 of my fav authors...I like sci-fi mostly, some fantasy, I really like Tom Clancy stuff usually, and depending on the subject, I dig non-fiction (usually historical stuff).

I'll play hockey all summer, all fall, all winter, all spring, etc etc etc

not going to join a summer league, but I will be ready by the time the fall leagues begin!

What do you think about the book 'Cell' by Stephen King?

What do you think about the ending of ' Cell'?