Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

i finished it a week or two ago

honestly...I'm starting to think that Mr King has run out of ideas as his themes are all starting to sound the same these days.

the book was ok (the first half of his books are always crazy good even if they do follow the same theme lol), and the ending was ok...nothing so special to write home about.

IT is probably the best book I've ever read...that's one scary %^@#$#@ book (and especially if you hate clowns!)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahahahah

that would be Fox and their sick, stupid, lame attempt to get people to watch hockey by making it have a blue trail (and it would turn red depending on how fast the puck was shot)

it was a dumb idea and everyone hated it and you can google to find out just how bad it turned out ;) you should start skating again...there's a lot of old guys that play here with me :tooth:

Actually, I thought it was a pretty cool idea, and watched more hockey when they were doing that thing with the pucks. It’s just too hard to follow the action on the tube, but to go to a game would be different. I’d go if I had the opportunity. If I had the opportunity to attend an NHL game as a photographer with a press pass, don’t get between me and my position next to the ice. :D

Last time I was on skates was somewhere between 10 - 15 years ago, and it was a disaster. After a half an hour or so, I was just gliding along, doing nothing with my feet when all of a sudden they went straight out in front of me as if an invisible figure pulled a rug out from under me. First thing to hit the ice was my head with the most sickening mushy thud I’ve ever heard. I still have no idea why that happened. Then some guy came over and said “You ok old man”? Good Grief! That I did not need. Fortunately I skated off the ice on my own power, and will most likely never don a pair of skates again. I get my kicks in the air these days.

Questions for AG & Momma: (I apologize if it's been asked before)

What kind of music do you guys listen to -- if any?

Does the massive amount of computerness make your electrical bills expensive?

PS. Interesting thread (I love the rants :nod: )

I listen to all kinds, but lately its been mostly John Mayer, Shakira and KT Tunstall. I am a chick so you gotta expect chicky music to be listened to by me.

Our electric bills can get a little up there because of all the computers in the house. It get especially bad in summer when we have 4 computers going plus the AC.

Ooh...here's a random question...

Angry, what kind of skates do you have?

I have a nice (read: cheap and sharp) pair of Bauers (supreme 2000 or something like that). I like to get on the ice whenever they have a free-skate here. Hockey's the biggest sport at my school. The games are fun to watch (and our guys aren't nearly as good as the pro's, so they can be a little funny on the ice). Can't beat the prices, either. $4 per game, whoo.

Well, its not surprising... If a person reads something like Douglas Adams they either love it and think the "OMG THIS IS THE BEST EVER!!!" or they are like "WTF? That just wasn't funny at all." Its kinda like watching Monty Python... But you can't go by the hitchhiker's movie... I was REALLY unimpressed by that. The first half was OK, but the second half was mediocre (the special effects) to crappy (true to Douglas Adams) at best. It probably had something to do with the fact that he suddenly keeled over from a heart attack in the middle of making the movie, but then we all know that the hollywood directors and editors knew precisely what a man like Douglas Adams would want out of a movie; especially when they were probably jumping up and down for joy at all of the newly found artistic license his death afforded them. Honestly, I think that Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and the sequel Long Dark Teatime of the Soul were funnier than the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (misnamed) trilogy. You really have to read all six books in the Hitchhiker's trilogy to truly appreciate the Hitchhiker's series and see its cynicism, witticism, and sarcastic hilarity.

i read them as a younger teenager but honestly I wasn't real impressed with them

to me its like a movie or a music cd that everyone just fawns over and gushes over and repeats like bleating sheep "OMG THIS IS THE BEST EVER!!!" and when you watch the movie, listen to the music, or read the book, you come away thinking "wtf...were all these people high on some good dope when they checked this out because honestly I thought it was just...not that good" lol

now I'm sure a lot of Douglas Adams fans will want to roast me for thinking such a thing...but honestly...I was never that impressed with him or his books.

But

I bet there are a lot of things that I love to the point of addiction that you guys would say "wtf was AG smoking when he recommended that crap to me???" hehe

Actually, I thought it was a pretty cool idea, and watched more hockey when they were doing that thing with the pucks. It’s just too hard to follow the action on the tube, but to go to a game would be different. I’d go if I had the opportunity. If I had the opportunity to attend an NHL game as a photographer with a press pass, don’t get between me and my position next to the ice. :D

Last time I was on skates was somewhere between 10 - 15 years ago, and it was a disaster. After a half an hour or so, I was just gliding along, doing nothing with my feet when all of a sudden they went straight out in front of me as if an invisible figure pulled a rug out from under me. First thing to hit the ice was my head with the most sickening mushy thud I’ve ever heard. I still have no idea why that happened. Then some guy came over and said “You ok old man”? Good Grief! That I did not need. Fortunately I skated off the ice on my own power, and will most likely never don a pair of skates again. I get my kicks in the air these days.

lol well the rumor is that the Pittsburg Penguins (who are broke and bankrupt) might be moving to Portland, OR this year or next...

anyway...you should NEVER be on the ice without a helmet

I had the same thing happen to me when I was learning how to stop (the quick stop kind that sprays ice shavings everywhere).

I didn't lean back enough and my feet went straight out, and the very first thing to hit the ice was my head...luckily I had a helmet on but I still suffered a mild concussion and felt sick to my stomach...but I got right back up and skated through it lol

everyone this week has been telling me just how much better I am getting so I am getting the confidence needed and that alone is making me play much better and take a few more chances that normally I would not take thinking I still sucked really bad (major chances like going into the boards after a puck...before, the only way i could stop was to smash into the boards which is very painful on the feet and shoulders...but now I am confident enough to go chasing a puck into the boards as I know I can stop or at least deflect most of the inertia to my skates and only hit the boards lightly)

myself, I like Disturbed, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, old Metallica, Dave Brubek/Glenn Miller, old Queen, Filter, Collective Soul, good ambient trancy stuff like Sol System, Smoker's Delight, etc (the stuff you hear in my tutorial vids).

I dig classical, rock, metal, big band, old delta blues, etc...I like just about anything except Rap and Country...I hate that crap and it gives me a headache (hip hop is included in the 'crap' descriptor)

Well, its not surprising... If a person reads something like Douglas Adams they either love it and think the "OMG THIS IS THE BEST EVER!!!" or they are like "WTF? That just wasn't funny at all." Its kinda like watching Monty Python... But you can't go by the hitchhiker's movie... I was REALLY unimpressed by that. The first half was OK, but the second half was mediocre (the special effects) to crappy (true to Douglas Adams) at best. It probably had something to do with the fact that he suddenly keeled over from a heart attack in the middle of making the movie, but then we all know that the hollywood directors and editors knew precisely what a man like Douglas Adams would want out of a movie; especially when they were probably jumping up and down for joy at all of the newly found artistic license his death afforded them. Honestly, I think that Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and the sequel Long Dark Teatime of the Soul were funnier than the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (misnamed) trilogy. You really have to read all six books in the Hitchhiker's trilogy to truly appreciate the Hitchhiker's series and see its cynicism, witticism, and sarcastic hilarity.

give Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance a read, as well as the Art of War...i dig deep books like that

Since the discussion about books continues:

- do you like me at times, yes for months, loose interest in fiction and instead read through a heap of books about neuro-pcychoanalysis, economics, arabic history (I recently read a fashinating book, and did for the first time (probably because of my own ignorance) realize that Kuwait never existed - and I mean never as a people or clan - before the British "constructed" this country for some reason not so hard to guess) or whatever....

- to after some time with refreshed interest take up fiction again?

Since the discussion about books continues:

- do you like me at times, yes for months, loose interest in fiction and instead read through a heap of books about neuro-pcychoanalysis, economics, arabic history (I recently read a fashinating book, and did for the first time (probably because of my own ignorance) realize that Kuwait never existed - and I mean never as a people or clan - before the British "constructed" this country for some reason not so hard to guess) or whatever....

- to after some time with refreshed interest take up fiction again?

hehe

the British and the Dutch and even the French are famous for creating new countries and colonies...I mean, most of Africa and Asia were at one time British, Dutch or French colonies.

Look at Iraq for example...Iraq was never a 'country' until the British decided to put boundaries up and call it a country, and then install their own puppet government (much like India and most of Africa and southeast Asia). Before that, it was 3 separate factions who hated each other (still do it seems). The middle east seems to have always been a land without real boundaries and borders until a strong leader has come in and carved them out.

Momma and I have read and watched many documentaries on such historical things like this, plus we studied it in school here as kids.

Not sure what they are teaching american school kids these days, but it doesn't seem to be anything useful, mainly how to call in to American Idol and vote for your favorite singer, etc...

They damn sure aren't pushing math and science on kids like they did all through the 50's - 80's (we sorta needed it then as the big red communist machine was the world enemy and we had to stay one step ahead of them).

anyway...back on subject...i do get bored of fiction and go for some non-fiction for a while, then get bored of reading about real people and go back to imaginary people lol.

btw, if you are an American, one of the best non-fiction books you can possibly read is Ben Franklin's autobiography.

Probably the greatest American to ever live, he was smart enough to know his own faults and never denied that he wasn't perfect (like a lot of Americans now refuse to do...they simply blame everything on someone else or some circumstance as a child growing up...ugh).