Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

what is the fastest speed you can overclock a standard venice 3000+ to and get a bootable printscreen of cpu-z or something along those lines to prove it?

I saw some one overclock a pentium 4 to 6ghz and something using liquid nitrogen at -240C can you get over 6ghz on a amd chip?

we scoff (rightfully so) at such nonsense (no offense intended towards you)

these are called "suicide screens" and they prove nothing, and have zero bragging rights because there's absolutely no way they are stable

here at the Street, we are scorned because we preach stability over everything. If you can boot at 3890Mhz, who really cares because you are only TRULY stable at 2800Mhz?

what is the point of booting to 4Ghz if you can just get into windows and get a cpuz screen?

what is the point of 4Ghz if programs wont run and you cannot pass all of the stability tests from teh Stock Speed Database / Overclocking Database here?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Neezer

I was just wondering if you guys could tell me what the 3800 in x2 3800 is. also is this the same for the 3700, 4000 etc.?

It's AMD's marketing Strategy. Big number - bigger dollars. All of your dollars are belong to us.

Seriously though, it's the "P-Rating" and means little. My Athlon64 3000 is overclocked right now to a P-Rating of 4075+ per CBID. Does that mean it's better than a x2 3800? hell no, but it's nice to know that my cpu isn't being left in the dust.

Guest Neezer
Seriously though, it's the "P-Rating" and means little. My Athlon64 3000 is overclocked right now to a P-Rating of 4075+ per CBID.

What does P-rating mean and CBID???

Sorry for the noobieness

New Question for AG and Momma!!!

Being the Confuser guru's you are.. and AG workin for DFI. Are ther any questions that still stump ya with things ppl ask on this forum related to pc problems??? Somthen that makes you go Hmmmmm...? lol

If so, like what? im sure theres a few good stories out there lol

Being the Confuser guru's you are.. and AG workin for DFI. Are ther any questions that still stump ya with things ppl ask on this forum related to pc problems??? Somthen that makes you go Hmmmmm...? lol

I have no right to answer, but Linux seems still to be very "hmmmm" for A_G... :D

Well since I am not a tech guru, every tech question stumps me. NINER NINER!

Angry,

Have you ever pondered why you don't feel like you are a very political or a very religious person?

If so, what circumstances in your life shaped your somewhat neutral views on politics and religion?

And not so serious, how long do you think it would take to fry an egg on the new X1900XT and X1900XTX video cards? (just in case my stove ever goes out)

sure

there's always stuff that stumps me and Rgone

we aren't know-it-alls that actually know it all lol

we have so much knowledge and combined experience as to probably know more about DFI than any 100 members on this forum, but that doesn't mean we know it all, nor does it mean we can even answer every question, even with our extreme powers of search and the resources from DFI themselves, as well as the resources of comanies like OCZ, GEIL, XFX, etc that we are partners with.

anyone that thinks they know it all is actually so ignorant as to be...dumber than dumb.

and anyone that thinks they know something just because they read it on the internet and don't have any real experience...are even worse than people who think they know it all.

me...I am rather unintelligent but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!