Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

51 (Edit :73, I stand corrected!:) pages???? yikes! Well forgive me if this has been asked already but...

"Keep in mind I'm a pretty liberal (not THAT liberal lol) 32 year old male that lives in a very red state

momma is a 23 year old (happy bday momma!) pretty liberal college student that lives with me in a very red state"

Whats it like to be blue people surrounded by all those red people? Bite your tongue alot? Keep quiet? or do you like to poke em with a stick and get something started?

well...like i said, I'm liberal about some things (prostitution lol), and conservative about others (crime etc)...momma is the same.

But here...they are having nasty debate about putting the 10 commandments in the city park...they rally around abortion and gay marriage when they should be talking about teacher/police/fireman salaries and how to generate more budget money and fixing all of the REAL problems...it gets tiresome to hear all the same talking head arguments when none of it is what we think is important.

As for the red state people...most of the time we just smile to ourselves at their foolishness (in our opinion) as poking them with a stick means argument about politics + religion and we all know how those go...if a religion says something is black and everyone that can actually think for themselves instead of blindly believing something says it is white or grey or white and grey or a combo of those etc...then it is still black to those people.

It is like arguing with drunk people. Sometimes we poke em with a stick...but mostly we just have our opinion and they have their opinion and we live in relative peace.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's because I am not originally from the US, but where did you get "Weed" from that post? :confused:

ova here in tha T dot (toronto ontario), being red means being high.

(as in, your eyes are red)

red=Republican. Blue=Democrat.

yah, i was joking brah ;)

serisouly though, you Americans take your politics so seriously. its like how serious muslims take their relegion in the middle east. Canadians, we don't care. we drink beer and smoke weed :cool:

Guest Halvis
It is like arguing with drunk people. Sometimes we poke em with a stick...but mostly we just have our opinion and they have their opinion and we live in relative peace.

LOL! Which reminds me, just delete or edit my posts if I post incoherant ramblings late at night! (rather than hitting me with a hockey stick!)

Im fairly liberal on social issues, very conservative on fiscal issues, red state conservative/libertarian here. (Backspaced over the rest of my reply, as this isn't a POLITICAL forum, lol!)

Well, I travel the entire world in my professional life. And whether we are hated or loved the US always elicits a very passionate response. I've rambled in a previous post with lots of statistics and so forth on salaries, living conditions, travel advisories and so forth if you are an American citizen. Feel free to search out that post. The bottom line is. . . . whether you're blue, red or somewhere green, we are very fortunate to live in this country and I for one never take that for granted.

SSGT ******** 142 Field Artillery, US National Guard

Veteran, Desert Storm - January 1991 through September 1991 (kind of ironic isn't it)

not that it is important, but my brother and I are born 7 days apart (and 7 years apart), and our birthdays are the 21st and 28th.

This year we decided to split an Xbox360 and accessories for it.

We've only had it hooked up for about 3 hours but already I can tell you it was well worth the purchase. I know some or all of you hate consoles but I love them. The only games I won't play on them are FPS as i hate trying to play those types of games on a controller.

But racing, sports, driving, etc...all other game types are great on a console (especially one that does 1080i HD with every game!), and momma and I might be spending a lot of time playing it for a while ;)

We only purchased PGR3 for it, and have rented a few games (NHL2k6, MLB2k6, Full Auto) and already Full Auto is looking like a buyer ;)

had to step into the lab to install some bit that allows me to connect my Xbox360 to my server so I can pull music off heh. Gonna have to buy me Windows XP Media Center and make a new media rig just to be able to do all the other cool little things that the 360 is good at like slide shows, play movies from the Media PC, etc.

Nice avatar, Happy. Looks like you guys really like Vegas. I actually tried to post this earlier, but was greeted with your bad Dracula imitation after hitting the Post button, LOL.

Judging from that picture, I would say you lost some weight, momma. Good for you.

My wife is also losing a lot of weight lately, I am very proud of her. She gave birth to our son (Sam) about a year ago via a cesarian section, in addition to various accident related injuries she's been dealing with, she was struggling with her weight for quite some time now. She was never really fat, but basically just out-of-shape. Pilates seemed to help, and obviously eating healthy and getting a good amount of rest, helped as well.

Did you follow any specific diet or exercise program?

I actually have the opposite problem as her; I eat like a pig and CAN'T gain any weight. :rolleyes:

Nice avatar, Happy. Looks like you guys really like Vegas. I actually tried to post this earlier, but was greeted with your bad Dracula imitation after hitting the Post button, LOL.

Judging from that picture, I would say you lost some weight, momma. Good for you.

My wife is also losing a lot of weight lately, I am very proud of her. She gave birth to our son (Sam) about a year ago via a cesarian section, in addition to various accident related injuries she's been dealing with, she was struggling with her weight for quite some time now. She was never really fat, but basically just out-of-shape. Pilates seemed to help, and obviously eating healthy and getting a good amount of rest, helped as well.

Did you follow any specific diet or exercise program?

I actually have the opposite problem as her; I eat like a pig and CAN'T gain any weight. :rolleyes:

Angry has the same problem of eating and never gaining any weight so :P to both of you.

I followed Weight Watchers for 2 1/2 years using the flex points system and saw amazing results. It taught me how to cook healthy and how to have the bad things I love in moderation. I got kinda burnt out on it around May and found an amazing FREE site called Sparkpeople.com. Its basically the same stuff that weight watchers teaches but it takes it to another level with the movtivational aspect and its FREE. I got really tired of paying $15.00 for their online tools after I found Sparkpeople because it gives so much more. There is a very supportive community and it has a calorie tracker that has tons of food in it. Plus it also gives workout suggestions if you have trouble generating ideas.

I started into my workout program after I tackled my food issues. My motto is don't try to save the world all in one day and take it one item at a time. I started with 2 Cindy Crawford VHS tapes and 1 MTV Yoga VHS and used those for about a year. After I got burnt out on those, I started using Yourself Fitness which can be used on the PC, Xbox, or Playstation and it creates a fitness program based on your fitness level, equiptment and needs. I used that for about a year and then moved onto other things. We have netflix which has a wide range of workout DVDs that you can try before you buy and I also use Fittv since it comes on our Directtv package. I do something different everyday and challenge myself to keep it interesting.

What matters the most is to have someone behind you 100%, no ifs ands or buts. If you don't have someone who believes in you then it makes it 10 times harder. I was so lucky to have Angry who motivated me through the whole process. He never told me I needed to lose weight and never said anything mean to me in the entire, he was just there for whatever I needed. Another thing it keep in mind is that weight loss isn't just some one time thing that you do and then go back to eating pints of ice cream once you hit goal weights. Its a lifestyle change that should be taken seriously. I am still working on this and finding the balance between eating right and still allowing myself to live a little. Just a side note, in my book vacations were made to take a vacation from everything, even eating healthy ;).

I wish your wife good luck and if she needs someone to talk to, recipes, (I have literally 1000s) or whatever just have her message me or drop me an email cause I am always here and happy to help :).