DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it works just fine

i just am not having luck with overclocking it with BH-5 at the moment

working with Oskar on MSN as the Drive Strenghths are very important on this board (something I don't understand all that well)

I'm in the same boat. I have a brand new Opteron 180 in a brand new DFI nF4 Expert board with some Mushkin Redline PC4000 that I can't seem to OC anymore. I used to run it with very tight timings at 250MHz on my old SLI-DR board. Now on this board with the exact same RAM timings, I can't OC worth a damn.

well i am finally getting it prime95'd @ 240x12 (2880Mhz)

i still can't get 250x out of it no matter what (even pile-driving 3.7v vdimm lol)

and I can't get 245x12 (but it booted into windows and ALMOST completed 3dmark2001 lol) but that doesn't worry me.

CPU KILLER @ DangerDen has my trusty 3200+ Venice that will do 2750Mhz but this 4000+ that I am working on is easily able to do 240x12 @ 2-2-5-2- on the SLI-DR...and now it looks like I finally am able to get it doing what i want on the Expert

and yes I will get to testing TCCD when I am done with BH-5 (bh-5 is always what i start with since it is what I am best with)

and yes I will get to testing the 2GB kits after tccd which is after BH-5

(before anyone asks...sheesh)

:tooth:

I have been waiting for this board to come out mainly because of the PCI-E spacing as my two GFX's are getting really hot too close to eachother, and don't allow after market cooling.

One question though do we have to reinstall windows , switching from SLI-DR to the expert?

thanks

im havnig trouble getting my cpu stable at 2950 .. which it did fine on the sli-dr with crucial ballistix 2gb kit .. but on the expert .. no go .. i can boot fine into windows at 2950 - 3050 .. but fails super pi .. etc

i got 2800 passing prime .. but locked up while gaming ..

angry games .. can u give crucial ballistix a try if you have a chance .. thanks

im havnig trouble getting my cpu stable at 2950 .. which it did fine on the sli-dr with crucial ballistix 2gb kit .. but on the expert .. no go .. i can boot fine into windows at 2950 - 3050 .. but fails super pi .. etc

i got 2800 passing prime .. but locked up while gaming ..

angry games .. can u give crucial ballistix a try if you have a chance .. thanks

Have you tried to put your ram on a divider to see if the issue is with your ram or cpu ?

yeah even ran it at 100 divider ..

1.45 vcore on a sli-dr ran 2950 rock stable ..

ive heard from some people over at xs forums .. that they had to crank the vcore WAY up to match their same overclocks on the original sli-dr ?

im just too nervous to crank the vcore up to 1.65 like some peopel have hide .. the opty still idles at like 23c .. and loads around 34c on air