DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

ok, now that the tech team has a board, I'll start with an easy thread (before the the flood of "IT WONT BOOT HELP!!!!" threads start coming, because we know they will no matter how good the board is lol) and you guys that have one, can give initial impressions

and those who might want one, can ask questions

here's the setup I plugged in to test first:

4000+ San Diego

NF4 Expert (whatever bios it came with, haven't looked yet)

2x 6600GT SLI

2x512MB GEIL ONE BH-5

Skyhawk 520w psu

WD Raptor 36GB SATA

some crappy cd-rom

some floppy drive

Thermalright XP-90 + 92mm fan

my first impression was....wtf, why won't my SLI bridge fit????

then i realized that the slots have been moved apart and I was trying to use my normal SLI bridge from previous NF4 LP boards lol

my next impression is 'different layout of sorts, but almost identical bios!' which is a good thing...as i slammed a 4000+ and some BH-5 in it and jacked it up to 250x11 @ 2-2-5-2-7-17-2-2-1-2-Auto-Auto-Enable-Auto-0-Auto-7.0ns-Fastest-5.5ns-256-Disable-16x-7x-Disable (4 burst)

letting it run memtest for a little bit why i try to figure out wtf my Sapphire X800GTO2 won't run Aquamark3d anymore.....(if anyone has one of these modded cards to 16-pipe, let me know if it runs Aquamark for you)

anyway, I've also added a new category as you can see, the Expert is now listed along with all the other NF4 boards.

HEY MAN AQUAMARK HAS A PATCH FOR X800> SERIES VIDEO CARDS YOU HAVE TO DOWLOAD FROM THEIR WEB SITE IT'A SMALL FILE YOU HAVE TO COPY THEN PASTE TO AQUAMAR INSTALLED DIRECTORY

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its a good thing I went ahead and am returning the card as Aquamark is no more (try finding their website on the internet)

I will be changing the OC Database and Stock Speed Database requirements to no longer having to run Aquamark since it is no longer supported and now it looks like there might be some cards that it won't run on

but its ok since I plan on getting an XFX 7800GT and that will give me 2 of them for SLI ;)

got mine today .. coming from an sli-dr and an opty 150 that did 2950 @ 1.4vcore .. now i cant get stable on the expert .. thinking of going back until some of the issues are fixed .. afraid of my cpu dying .. the people over at xs have lost like 3 x fx-57s .. etc .. crazy

well its a good thing I went ahead and am returning the card as Aquamark is no more (try finding their website on the internet)

I will be changing the OC Database and Stock Speed Database requirements to no longer having to run Aquamark since it is no longer supported and now it looks like there might be some cards that it won't run on

Bahh holy sept 2005 :P