Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI LanParty NF4 Expert - initial impressions

Thanks, so I don't have to buy a new ram :D

I read A_G said about 4x1024 1T didn't work after 9 hrs Prime so I think I would go with 2 GB

Is anyone testing 4x512 1T on Expert? , please help to post in O/C DB (- -)

Edit::

I just read http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31584

A_G talked about the diff of 1T and 2T

Nice work A_G

so now I think I wouldn't mind much about ?T ;)

Thanks, so I don't have to buy a new ram :D

I read A_G said about 4x1024 1T didn't work after 9 hrs Prime so I think I would go with 2 GB

Is anyone testing 4x512 1T on Expert? , please help to post in O/C DB (- -)

I'll give it a shot this weekend sometime, though quite honestly I'm pretty happy with the speeds I have now. We'll see what happens :)

Thanks, I have more work to do to hit my maxes, but I just won't have time until Christmas break. And if you're talking about the graphic card-yeah I'm loving it. It runs everything better than dual 256MB GTX's and cheaper to boot. Might have to get something other than the stock cooler-I keep thinking about watercooling it.

I'll give it a shot this weekend sometime, though quite honestly I'm pretty happy with the speeds I have now. We'll see what happens :)

Thanks in advance.

:cat:

WOW!

Thats what I have to say about the stability of this board so far. This is my first DFI board since my old nf3250 which is now powering my wife's pc :nod:

I am just beginning to tweak and it will be a long process but right now I am at 2508 (228x11) at DEFAULT VOLTAGE (1.3v). I just moved from an MSI k8n Neo4, in which my max overclock was around 2700, but that was at around 1.55 vcore, to get where i am now on my eXpert I would have had to be upping the vcore already on my MSI.

The temp issue I can't comment on as I was using a Zalman CNPS-9500 and waiting to get this board to install my liquid cooling system. My idle temps are around 21c idle and 30c load (load meaning a dual prime 95 torture test) I have no experience with liquid prior to now so I have no clue if that seems accurate :P . My previous idle temps on this cpu with the zalman were about 30 idle and 42 load so I would say it is probably accurate.

I will keep people updated on my oc once the holidays pass.

Peace

Sweet, just got my DFI Expert in the mail today.

The 2 week wait time on Opty 170's here is stupid :(

My neons are crying out for some NF4 action.

wow the expert rig is doing well......i don't know how big an effect if any it has but i benched 3DMARK05 this morning and I beat my Opteron [email protected] with a dual core Opteron [email protected] and SLOWER clocks on GFX card (ATI X800NP)

Opteron [email protected] single core + GFX OC was 439/1164........5,035 points

Opteron [email protected] dual core + GFX OC was 429/1104.........5,065 points :nod:

amazing

there was a pretty pic here but people here really like to pounce on any mistake (yes i am aware of the size rule....i made a mistake....no need to shout really...anyways...for pretty pics pls visit www.i4memory.com ....i've got a nice dual core thread going there....)

I am having some issues with mine, it simply wont boot the standby light comes on and the DRAM LED comes on when I hit the switch but ntohing else starts not even my PSU. Tried doing safe bios and clear Cmos still nothing however havent tried removing the battery

Have you tried this clear CMOS...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24

Also try another PSU. We've seen issues with the Seasonic line.

I am having some issues with mine, it simply wont boot the standby light comes on and the DRAM LED comes on when I hit the switch but ntohing else starts not even my PSU. Tried doing safe bios and clear Cmos still nothing however havent tried removing the battery

Those scores are well within the margin of error for the benchmark.

wow the expert rig is doing well......i don't know how big an effect if any it has but i benched 3DMARK05 this morning and I beat my Opteron [email protected] with a dual core Opteron [email protected] and SLOWER clocks on GFX card (ATI X800NP)

Opteron [email protected] single core + GFX OC was 439/1164........5,035 points

Opteron [email protected] dual core + GFX OC was 429/1104.........5,065 points :nod:

amazing