4 LED problem setup information ...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get the lock ups and also above certain fsb "lower than expected" it corrupts my drive,

cant boot with any other multy than the default for my cpu. cant run my processor at 2,7 ghz anymore nor the ram at 270

top seeds maxed before drive corruption 231 mhz ram 2520 cpu at 230fsb x 11?

corrupts it every time at 232

other than that what a belter

right this gets weirder by the minute i just tried a multi of 10 for the fifth time and guess what it worked im at 2,5 ghz no probs with 1.39 v core idleing at 23 on air

i dont understand this tried the same config the otherday and no go.but now it works mobo burn in ?

Hello guys , could you please test if disable USB keyboard and mouse support can solve this problem ???

Hello Oskar,

I could dublicate the problem by enabling USB keyboard and mouse support. I did not have the 4 LED problem before and now with the features enabled the board shows the 4 LED problem.

Hello Oskar,

the 4 LED problem seems to be gone if I disable USB keyboard and mouse support. :D

But the BIOS Menu "Power On By Keyboard" to "Any Key" still doesn´t save the setting.

What I also notice if the USB Keyboard and Mouse support is disabled, the BIOS Screen shows the SiliconImage 3114 Controller, if I enable USB Mouse Support it did not.

Another thing is, if USB mouse support is enabled I get this message 'Warning: Have option ROM cannot be invoked (Vendor ID 1095h Device ID 3114h)' after I disable USB mouse support this message is also gone.

Sorry for bad English ;)

Yes, keyboard and mouse will still work if the operating system supports USB mice and keyboards. As you are running WinXP you will have no problems.

But there could be a problem if you were running Grub (Linux bootloader) or any other bootloader because at this early stage there is no support for USB devices. Perhaps you are running applications under DOS, eg good old fdisk. As DOS does not have device drivers for USB devices you will be unable to use your mouse and keyboard.

Hello guys , could you please test if disable USB keyboard and mouse support can solve this problem ???

oooh, thanks Oskar, this solution resolves the 4-led hang problem :cool:

At the moment I see that also the other Coldboots (hangs) seem disappeared :eek:

thx for your work

cya later

I've rebooted and fiddled with my bios more in the last day, then ever before to test this disabling of the USB keyboard and mouse options and.....It's a go!

This fixed the following for me.

1) the 4 LED problem.

2)IRQ screen freeze

3)Just after WinXP load screen freeze (blank screen with flashing cursor in upper left corner.)

4) a stupid problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse needing to be unplugged and replugged after system hang. Or if I just hit the reset or power button while still in WinXP.

Now to see if I can OC any better! :P One can hope something like this will give me an extra 200Mhz with a reduction of voltages across the board. :P

O.

Hey ppl...

This is my first post here...just got the board 3 days ago. The first one died on me but I now have one that's working. :nod:

It looks like I had the same problem...but wow...good stuff! I tried the USB keyboard/mouse workaround and no more problems!!! Actually, if you only disable mouse USB support, it also seems to have the same effect ;) !!!

It looks like everything is great...but wait...no!...not that blue screen!!!...cr@p!...so I've reinstalled windows 5 times now I think. The closest I got was installing the mobo chipset drivers...and then a file was corrupted/missing after reboot. Other than that I've been getting blue screens during file copy in stage one of install and stage 2 install at startmenu setup. I'm trying for one last time...if nothing goes I'm gona try the beta bios.