Sign in to follow this  
OSKAR_WU

4 LED problem setup information ...

I need to collect you guy's bios setup to duplicate the problem ...

First please download the tool

http://oskarwu.myweb.hinet.net/RDX200/WinReload.rar

Execute it under windows enviroment then

1 . Sellect Backup button

2 . Select Current

3 . Give it a file name ex : bioscurrentsetting.txt

4 . Reply with your detail hardware combination and attach this file for me to reload your problematic bios setting here ...

i don't mean to be bothersome, but if have the 4-led problem, how can you get into windows? (i had a 4 led problem, but my board was totally dead, nothing was going on on any pins of the bios chip - only a very bad looking clock signal (LCLK). But i just sent my board back to newegg for a new one).

i don't mean to be bothersome, but if have the 4-led problem, how can you get into windows? (i had a 4 led problem, but my board was totally dead, nothing was going on on any pins of the bios chip - only a very bad looking clock signal (LCLK). But i just sent my board back to newegg for a new one).

Some guys complain about the system will have 4LED problem during bios exit but once it boot , it can boot into windows ... A reset can solve this problem ... If the board does not post , it's not the 4LED problem I refer here ...

Guest dodo

Hi Oskar

Had the problem with the shipping bios 10/14 I believe it was called - and on two boards - I am pretty sure the last bios got rid of it - only got 30 minutes to run with it - but I don't recall seeing it anymore.

Pretty much any single bios change would cause the 4 LED problem to occur

No Bios change had any influence on it - at least in the Advanced Settings.

Also hardware was completely unrelated - I have tried the board with various configurations and components

There are many users who had this problem at stock speeds and as far I could read in the forums the new Beta BIOS resolved that issue.

Now there seem to be users who are having this problem at overclocked speeds. If my CPU does not get enough Vcore, I have this problem, too. The board shows all four LEDs on and I have to reset the system to get it post. I want to point out that in this state the system is Prime stable but when compiling Xorg under Gentoo Linux the compilation process is stopped after about 40 minutes. But as soon as the CPU got enough voltage, system is stable when BIOS is posted, Prime is running without errors and Xorg is compiled.

Here you go:

hardware in the sig.

I was having the issue with the original bios and with the new one.

With the original BIOS, it hang every single time after i go in and out of the bios. It didn't matter if i changed anything or not, if i saved the settings or didn't save the settings - it always hanged. Had to hit the reset key for the board to restart and post.

With the newer beta, this behavior was only fixed for the stock settings. When the system is not overclocked, the board loads up fine after exiting the BIOS. However, the problem still exists when the board is overclocked. It will hang no matter what I do after i exit the bios.

I'm already in the process of RMAing this rdx200 and i have a sli-dr expert on the way, so i only have a few days to help you out with this before i have to ship this board out.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

hi Oskar

I have not only the 4-led problem, but there is also a problem that appear when the HTT is over 270 MHz clocked :confused:

thi is the effect:

overclock_bios_locked.jpg

the system is stopped here, and it needs a Reset :confused:

However this is my bios .TXT file if you need it :)

hi Oskar

I have not only the 4-led problem, but there is also a problem that appear when the HTT is over 270 MHz clocked :confused:

That is normal, from at least what i have seen (i saw stuff like that when trying to push 2.95-3.0GHz). You either need to do more tweaking (or more volts), or you have reached the limits of your cpu or ram. Did you try to drop the multiplier and use a divider to see if you can get higher HTT?

PS, i don't want to derail Oskar's thread :P

That is normal, from at least what i have seen (i saw stuff like that when trying to push 2.95-3.0GHz). You either need to do more tweaking (or more volts), or you have reached the limits of your cpu or ram. Did you try to drop the multiplier and use a divider to see if you can get higher HTT?

PS, i don't want to derail Oskar's thread :P

Sorry mate, but this isn't only a my problem, but this is a common problem of this board. If you look at this Review: http://www.hwupgrade.it/articoli/skmadri/1380/8.html , the staff has stopped the deep test of this board because it doesn't permit to increase the HTT speed without the freeze problem

So the staff is waiting a new Bios release for complete their Review (the overclock aspect).

cya

PS: this is not a derailled discussion... this is an aspect of the Bios problems of the motherboard. I have reported this problem, so if Oskar Wu can check it and resolve it I hope, it is a good thing :)

The hanging thing happens to me. Just persist... litterely keep resetting it, 4 5 maybe 6 times, eventually it'll boot. Very inconvienent, but i'd rather be running this 300x9 and 270x9.

The hanging thing happens to me. Just persist... litterely keep resetting it, 4 5 maybe 6 times, eventually it'll boot. Very inconvienent, but i'd rather be running this 300x9 and 270x9.

yep, you are in my same situation... and yep, sometimes I must reset my PC more than 4 times to enter in WindowsXP :confused:

i can report the same exact problem as you guys. I get that freeze a lot. My system is prime95 stable and never hangs or crashes once i get into windows, but it hangs a lot during post just like in that pic.

However, what i found is...if you kill the power to the board, aka turn your psu off for 10 seconds and turn it back on, the board posts pretty much on the 1st try.

Weird and scary, that's why i RMAd this board and getting the nf4 sli-dr expert.