Sign in to follow this  
OSKAR_WU

4 LED problem setup information ...

Hey ppl...

This is my first post here...just got the board 3 days ago. The first one died on me but I now have one that's working. :nod:

It looks like I had the same problem...but wow...good stuff! I tried the USB keyboard/mouse workaround and no more problems!!! Actually, if you only disable mouse USB support, it also seems to have the same effect ;) !!!

It looks like everything is great...but wait...no!...not that blue [email protected]!...so I've reinstalled windows 5 times now I think. The closest I got was installing the mobo chipset drivers...and then a file was corrupted/missing after reboot. Other than that I've been getting blue screens during file copy in stage one of install and stage 2 install at startmenu setup. I'm trying for one last time...if nothing goes I'm gona try the beta bios.

a similar thing was happening to me corruptions etc then as quick as the trouble started it disapeared dont know why fella just did icouldnt boot with other multys but found the mem timings have a big impact on that.and vola its ok now using a 10 multy weired. just thought id share that.

hmm....interesting...

I've heard of some pple with their problems just dissapearing for some reason...but now I'm up to like 7 installs and have testing a few different settings...so I'll try that beta BIOS... ;)

I get the 4 led thing and cute they are 1608 size. I have not changed anything on the mobo settings and can't load to a screen. I can hear things working but can't see anything on my startup screen. I see all fans turning, incluting the video card but nothing is on my screen.

ooooh.....I hope it's not a DOA

I had to go change mine...and even now it's having issues.

I assume u've reset ur bios already (didn't do anything for me though)

Maybe u could try using PS/2 KB&Mouse...the workaround was to disable support in the BIOS...but I guess if u can't actually get in there...this is all u can do.

If u just can't get it to POST and u have all 4 lights...double check that CPU on another board...if it's working...exchange the board

Will my usb keyboard and mouse still work?

I doubt this will help my memory fsb problems, eh?

Keyboard and mouse still worked, but I still have to cold-boot after a BIOS save and then I usually have to cold-boot 3 times as it freezes part way through the boot process every time...

Please fix this board!

WHICH BIOS!?!?

Does the USB disable fix only apply to the release bios? I disabled USB kb and mouse to no avail.

I've rebooted and fiddled with my bios more in the last day, then ever before to test this disabling of the USB keyboard and mouse options and.....It's a go!

This fixed the following for me.

1) the 4 LED problem.

2)IRQ screen freeze

3)Just after WinXP load screen freeze (blank screen with flashing cursor in upper left corner.)

4) a stupid problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse needing to be unplugged and replugged after system hang. Or if I just hit the reset or power button while still in WinXP.

Now to see if I can OC any better! :P One can hope something like this will give me an extra 200Mhz with a reduction of voltages across the board. :P

O.

WHICH BIOS!?!?

Does the USB disable fix only apply to the release bios? I disabled USB kb and mouse to no avail.

Correction!

Disabling USB kb and mouse *DID* fix my cold-boot issues! :) :)

I just needed to do a clear CMOS to see the results.

Unfortunately my OCZ still won't go over 166 MHz but they're sending new sticks today so hopefully that will fix things.

Yes well...this is a temporary workaround for everyone. I hope it gets fixed...along with other stability issues. I think u might loose support for KB/Mouse under OS environments where they are not supported...like WXP setup. You can leave USB KB support enabled...that seems to work nicely for me.

Maze...you might want to up the voltage to about 2.8...my OCZ mem was causing blue screens in windows XP setup using default 2.6v...I can't seem to run them at 225Mhz 2-2-2-5 even with 3.1v...they're back down to 2.5-2-2-7 because CSS crashes after 1/2-1 hour.

Maze...you might want to up the voltage to about 2.8...my OCZ mem was causing blue screens in windows XP setup using default 2.6v...I can't seem to run them at 225Mhz 2-2-2-5 even with 3.1v...they're back down to 2.5-2-2-7 because CSS crashes after 1/2-1 hour.

Tried that and a slew of other things. I notice you havfe the "gold" OCZ which is Samsung that supposedly gets along better with this DFI board. OCZ is sending new sticks and promises to test them in an RDX200 to spec prior to ship. I'm not looking for a radical memory overclock, just the rated 2-3-2--5 at 200.

As I told you in this thread I'm using the same RAM and mine is working properly. I'm shure that the new sticks will solve your problem, otherwise you should test them in a different computer.

That's why I had OCZ 2day the replacements! I can pop them in my Neo3 XP3500+ rig, but that's a pain as it's at my ex-wife's house :)

same problem here, clean install. sata raid on the ati 1/2 ports.

4leds hanged bios,resetting several times. after a bios change.

also can't shut-down xp. it just reboots.have to turn off system by power button

(5sec.) just waiting for a sollution...

*cant tell my timings. everything is still stock installed. but with latest drivers.

Mobo: DFI RDX200CF DR

CPU: AMD 4400+ x2

MEM: Geil pc3200 400MHz, 2GB totall

PSU: antec 500W version2.0

GPU: X850XT CF just one vga.

HDD: dual sata raid,hitachi installed at the raid ati1312 controller. slot 1/2 enabled.