Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

Well I guess I have the same question as him. Love your choices on your comp parts btw : ).

Thank you. :nod:

I ended up using N4D623-3.exe. This is the version the DFI website will give you, so you know it'll work. The two below this in the menu I'm figuring are older versions of the same BIOS.

But I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say they'll all work, since all the nF4 motherboards use the same chipset. If you're unsire like me, just go with N4D623-3.exe.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which of these do I want? Or will they all work?

Sorry for the late reply but been busy lately and not much time on the computer.

Anyway yes any bios on that menu is for the NF4 Lanparty motherboards.

Tmod

What is the newest bios? I got LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B with Athlon XP 2400+ Mobile Barton(200*11 = 2200) , eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra, Patriot Dual Channel 1GB(512MB x 2) DDR PC-3200 w/ XBL Technology , 2 Raptors, Case Antec 1080b with 4 fans. I see there are 3 different BIOS on the CD6.6 that I foounf here which one would be good for my mobo? The BIOS I saw are:LanParty"B" 11/27 With 5.0.52 Silicon Image Bios, 6/16,7/28,11/24,HellFires 3EG-Rev2,HellFires 3EG-Rev3, Hellfires 6/19 Turbo Bios, TicTac 6/19 3D Fire R2 and TicTac 6/19XT. So wich one should I choose?

thanks,

Joe

So wich one should I choose?

I would suggest #6 Hellfires 3EG-Rev3 as a starting point, It is hard to recommend a bios as componets from one system to another react differently.

Tmod

TMod

Thank you for an awesome CD...it so helpful

I recently used to reflash to 623 bios..pretty sure I used 623-2 which has worked best for me

is there a way to tell for sure if I flashed this bios..will initial post screen given an ID to 623-2?

thank you

T-mod, Thank you so much for the cd. OCZ Tony's DFI NF4 704-2bta and the combination of old nvidia raid drivers 6.53 did the trick for me. I tried all the differant ways of slipstreaming raid drivers into an xp with sp2 slipstreamed disc, and none worked. i believe this to be the best combination to get a nf4 sli dr going.

Angrys Tutorial on setting up raid in this board must be followed to a "T" with exception to driver file versions.

Basically if it werent for the work you do so tirelessly around these forums, im sure i still would be mucking my install up. You are so appreiciated man!!!

Tmod, thanks a lot for your good work.

Question: since it's a delicate matter to flash BIOS do you think you'll provide a MD5 checksum any time soon? It would feel a bit more secure.

(Or maybe you've done that already, but I haven't been able to find it.)

Question: since it's a delicate matter to flash BIOS do you think you'll provide a MD5 checksum any time soon? It would feel a bit more secure.

(Or maybe you've done that already, but I haven't been able to find it.)

Nope I haven't done that yet.

I never really thought about it but I guess it wouldn't be anything real big to accomplish.

Seems strange to have several thousand downloads and only one person suggest this.

Have you ever had a problem with the CD?

Tmod

Nope I haven't done that yet.

I never really thought about it but I guess it wouldn't be anything real big to accomplish.

Seems strange to have several thousand downloads and only one person suggest this.

Have you ever had a problem with the CD?

Tmod

No I haven't had any problems with it; it's great. Maybe it's a habit from all downloading of Linux-distros I've done. Just as a bad memory module might corrupt something a download might go wrong (I've some experience of that, unfortunately).

However, do what you view as reasonable. Once more, thanks for the great CD!

Edit: [steelballzz]

what on earth is that.....

Instead of dedicating a new post to this question - I suppose you're serious about it - I add an explaination here: it's a small handy program which calculates a checksum out of a file, mapp or downloaded package. In this way you may check that your download consists of the exact same information as the original. Therefore at some download sites you'll see a reference MD5 checksum (long combination of figures and letters).