Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tmod_merged

Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

nealh: Just saw your sig and you are using the yellow slots... when I used any official release, I keep getting a warning message to use the orange slots for dual channel and it pauses on startup until I press F1. Any way to stop this? Bigtoe's modded 704 doesnt do this...

Thanks,

Suman

nealh: Just saw your sig and you are using the yellow slots... when I used any official release, I keep getting a warning message to use the orange slots for dual channel and it pauses on startup until I press F1. Any way to stop this? Bigtoe's modded 704 doesnt do this...

Thanks,

Suman

I have used the yellow slots for 6mo with my venice and never an issue..I got lucky....

I find the fact you can use 1.4 with % vid and expect a higher vcore slight vs 1.35 with % vid but the vcore is less or the same

Is it safe to flash the expert board with the OCZ tonys BIOS? has it been tested?

is it absolutely certain that the BIOS is for the EXPERT board ? cause the filename is the same for both the SLI-DR and the expert?? ?

Guest Tmod
is it absolutely certain that the BIOS is for the EXPERT board ? cause the filename is the same for both the SLI-DR and the expert?? ?

Are you sure about that?

According to my files the SLI is the 704-2bta.bin and the Xpert is e704-2bt.bin.

Tmod

Guest Tmod
Please, can you include for NF4 lanparty series in a future new version of your cd a Hellfire and merlin mods?

Links would work for me, I know of one Hellfire mod but didn't know anyone tested it.

I don't know of any Merlin modded NF4 bios's.

Tmod

Guest Tmod
Could someone throw a link to latest stable bios for nf4 lanprty ut sli-d Bit hard to find it from here

From where? My CD?

Tmod

Guest Tmod
Tmod, I would need that bootable cd. The one you just burn on cd&boot.

That link is in my first post for the CD.

Tmod

Tmod: As a new user on this board I would like to thank you for your efforts in bringing us this CD.

I am not new to overclocking and flashing BIOSes, but I can tell you that this simplifies things ALOT.

Now, I know you are getting alot of questions on this CD, and I wouldn't want to be any different :):

1. (Very basic)

I have (soon) a "DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D" mobo. This means that I will want to flash my mobo with the "DFI NF4 Lanparty BIOSes", right (obviously I shouldn't chose any BIOS with the words "Infinity"? Does this also mean that the Ultra-D, NF4-D and SLI boards in the NF4 Lanparty line share the same BIOS? Even though they have such different specs (SATA, LAN and SLi support)?

Is there something that prevents you from flashing a BIOS to a board that isn't designed for it? Like an error message or something. This I just ask so I know. I always pay close attention to what I am doing, especially when flashing the BIOS, but it would be soothing to know that a BIOS that shouldn't be on a board will never even get on it in the first place.

These are some of the things I need clarifying. Will the BIOSes under "DFI NF4 Lanparty BIOSes" work for _all_ NF4 Lanparty versions (NF4-D, Ultra-D, SLi, even though they are so different in specs? I know the Expert board has it's own BIOS.

Sorry for asking, but I am a newb hopeing to get past the stage. :)