Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tmod_merged

Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say thanks to Tmod for a great program/idea! I had tried to flash my SLI-DR Expert with a non-official BIOS version but have had nothing but problems. So I decided I would try this CD and I'm glad I did because it has made flashing any BIOS version I want extremely easy and trouble-free! Plus the utilities are actually very useful to have. Great job and thanks for all your help!

Rog

another way, the old DOS people know, is to use the /tiny switch in the command line.

TGM

I just recently used TMods CD to flash my Expert to BIOS version E704-2BT. This version was suggested to me by another friend who also has an Expert and very similar hardware. I flashed my board because I had switched from TCCD to BH-5 and from what I was told this E704-2BT is better optimized for BH-5/UTT RAM than the official DFI BIOS 12/07/05 I was using from DFI's website. When I bootup the first screen that comes up gives the date of the BIOS version in the lower left hand corner.

Well my E704-2BT version gives me a date of 11/18/05. After checking out other versions of this same E704-2BT BIOS some others have differnt dates than mine? For example at techpowerup.com on their SLI-DR Expert BIOS page they have three different versions of this same BIOS

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114/4

1) Official DFI BIOS NF4EDB02 11/02/05

2) Modded BIOS E704-2BT, Also NF4EDB02 04/07/05

3) Changelogs BIOS E704-2BT 04/07/05

On Tmods CD there are two versions of this BIOS. The BIOS I flashed is listed as E704-2BT and the other one which is the first listed in the table on the CD is called NF4EDB02. Since I havn't flashed this second one on the CD I don't know what the date is although from what I've read at techpowerup they do appear to be teh same one?

If anyone has any idea's about this or knows if there are any differences between all these versions of the E704-2BT please help me out and anyone else who might also be confused. Thanks guys for your help

Guest Tmod
On Tmods CD there are two versions of this BIOS. The BIOS I flashed is listed as E704-2BT and the other one which is the first listed in the table on the CD is called NF4EDB02.

I can reassure you that the two bios's referenced by you are not even remotely close to each other.

Tmod

Thanks Tmod for the reply! I havn' t had my DFI board for that long so it's still new to me. There are many differnt BIOS version available and it has proved difficult to learn what BIOS is good for what, basically I can't seem to find a decent description of some versions. This seems especially true for the Expert board! Do you know of a good resource to help me distinguish between at least the handful of BIOS versions available on your CD TMod? Thanks for you help and take your time!

Guest Tmod
Do you know of a good resource to help me distinguish between at least the handful of BIOS versions available on your CD TMod?

Well the E704-2BT was created by Oskar Wu for OCZ Tony, It pretty much follows inline with the 704-2BTA but with the eXpert voltage changes as well as a few other things I am sure.

As for the rest they are bios's that are available on DFI's site for bios downloads and they include a brief changelog, So you may want to start there.

Tmod

Guest Paradox

I have this G.Skill 4400LE TCCD memory and I am switching over to a X2 4200+ manchester dualcore CPU and I have no idea what bios to take for this new CPU. Currently I am running my San Diego on 510-2Fix but I don't know if this bios will work with these latest dual core chips.

So Tmod, any suggestions on what Bios I should try from your cd????

MANY MANY MANY THNX for looking into this and providing me with your answer,

kind regads,

Paradox

PS : Also have a further question Tmod, does my motherboard monitor tool still work with these dual core processor?? I am currently running the specially modified mobo monitor tool for DFI boards.

PS : Also have a further question Tmod, does my motherboard monitor tool still work with these dual core processor?? I am currently running the specially modified mobo monitor tool for DFI boards.

Yes, It will continue to work fine.

Guest Paradox

Anyone here has a clue what 510-2Fix does with X2 dualcore chips, will it support this manchester of mine??? If not then what Bios to take for my TCCD memory??

-Tmod

What do you think I should use for the BIOS for my Lanparty NF4 board listed in my sig? Are there any others that give me a higher CPU FSB multiplier than 11? Thanks for any input.

Guest Tmod
What do you think I should use for the BIOS for my Lanparty NF4 board listed in my sig? Are there any others that give me a higher CPU FSB multiplier than 11? Thanks for any input.

Seeing that you are running OCZ memory I would suggest the 704-2BTA if you are not already running it.

As far as FSB or Multiplier I have no idea as I don't have this board.

Tmod

OMG this is the best download here!!!!

I'm rate-ing this thread too, 8billion stars..

works without a hitch, burned iso w/ nero. couldn't get much easier than that and telling my old bios to boot from cd.

flashed to one of hellfires 6/19 on my nf2 Ub

runs more stable at lower v, and cpc is enabled now too!!!!

WooT WooT,

"BonG BonG!"

"Conichiwa B*tches" -rza/gza

and "mad phat bomb diggitty super dupa fly fat props" -Monty

Guest pandaking

Hey,

I recently got some new OCZ ram for my mobo. Well it's been playing up, and the OCZ guy I have been in contact with said I have to update my bios in case that is the problem before he can tell if my new sticks are bad.

I have a DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR mobo.

I tried using your disk to update the bios to OCZ Tonys 704-2bta bios and it said it had worked and all was great, but when I hit F1 to reboot, it still had the old bios on there.

I then tried nearly all the other bios on the NF4 Lanparty section, all to no avail. Same problem. It reboots with original bios, says there has been a CMOS error and it loads the defaults and I am back where I already was.

Any help would be magnificent :)

PS. My bios version now is still: v6.00PG