Building A New Computer.

d3bruts1d

Going to start this thread for anyone to post information to help those people looking to build a new computer.

Feel free to post tips, tricks, or any other relevant information you think someone new to building a computer could use.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good idea to go ahead and cut out the case fan grills before you get everything in. In the event you need to increase your air flow later, everything's gonna have to come out!

Remember, heat rises, make sure to have powerfull intake, power doesnt always mean noise

Do not obstruct airflow

remember, thin layer of thermal paste!!! too much = BAD

do NOT leave components ontop of anti static bags. Anti static bags are meant to contain the static OUTSIDE of the bag, but leaving parts on it, your just exposing it to a hell lot of static. Static kills, ESD is very very bad

Stupid tip but i have seen it a few times... Everything on a computer will only fit in 1 place; 1 direction. If the part dont fit, you must aquit! lol dont force anything... belive me, i learned that the hard way.... my P4 2.53B is now a keychain because of an expensive mistake lmao.

static is not your friend. Use at least a wrist strap. If you can, use a static free workstation, wear an anti static smock and a good pair of anti static ankle straps.

It works, trust me. I where that crap to work eveyday.

Edited by andrusk

along the lines of Lego's thread....

RESEARCH...

don't be in a hurry at any point... do the research before hand and during the build..

Is it really what you want?

will it do what you want?

will all parts go together?

etc. etc.

I think we all have been in a hurry and built something just to find out it won't do what we want it to do....

spend the time before so you don't have to spend more money after