d3bruts1d

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your really lost buy a handy build your own pc book such as

Building a PC for Dummies

From Which I learned.

Have a magnetic screw driver handy, with both types of screw head, so in case you drop a small screw in your case you may easily get it out using it.

An easyway to discharge static electricity is to touch the metal case or a doorknob.

make Sure your PSU is unpluged before touching anything!.

Have some type of bowl with a magenet inside of it to hold screws and other small objects such as PCI covers for easy use and storage.

Edited by Ste

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to be picky but i dont think you should use a magnetic screwdriver in a computer, it can mess your stuff up. But it is a valid tip, small pliers or tweasers are probably what you want to use. Also make sure you install your video card away from all the other cards (for cooling reasons.) Also this has been said a thousand times but, NEVER, EVER FORCE THE PARTS IN!!!!

They just beak and then it sucks to be you.

always ensure before commencing that:

i) you have all the correct, compatible parts

ii) you know how to assemble these parts

iii) you don't need the toilet

iv) you have a supply of caffiene handy

v) the kids arn't around (foul language)

vi) you have a supply of plasters

vii) you arn't meant to be at work

viii) that you are nekkid (anti-static measures)

• 3 weeks later...
always ensure before commencing that:

viii) that you are nekkid (anti-static measures)

405032[/snapback]

I knew I was doing something wrong... :P

Read this guide. Ask for help/advice from everyone (that isn't a moron).

• 4 weeks later...

on my first build i probly just about poked a hole in my mobo with a screw driver trying to mount a heatsink. the screw driver slipped off the clip and i hit the mobo really hard. i should have spent more money on cooling (but in hind sight i really didnt have very much more money to spend)

• 2 weeks later...

Q: That box with my motherboard, processor, and optical drives is my CPU right? OR is it my Hard Drive?

A: That is called your case or your computer. When you call it your CPU or Hard Drive, people have no clue what you are talking about. Most people do not work inside their CPU.

• 1 month later...

ya, Also don't listen to people's advice unless they really nerdy like us cause they usally will give you false or very dumb information. When buying a motherboard and PSU make sure they are both the same form factor also make sure ur case is the same as it too. like an ATX mobo should be put into an ATX case and should buy an ATX PSU, make sure if motherboard is a 24 pin connector that the PSU has it, but there are converters for that.

Oh And also, Building a computer is very easy, if you do your reasearch.

I built mine in 8 hours, I built another for someone else in 5. Including installing XP and setting the settings.

• 3 months later...

one tip that i think is helpful is get whichever friend of yours that knows the most about computers to help you ... a.k.a. the nerdiest guy ... and a magnetic screwdriver shouldnt hurt your computer at all seeing as it wouldnt be directly touching things and that there is no power running throught the computer, i have seen a guy who owns a computer company (extreme-pc.ca) use a magnetic screwdriver.