Watch Dogs

ClayMeow

It is Andrew. Batman AO looked good with it on, and I could see the difference when tested. Blacklist and AC 4 are the other two with TXAA, but when I had it on in them, whenever an actor moved relative to the camera there was a halo effect around them that looked like compression artifacting. BAO did not have that issue. I hope it isn't an Ubisoft thing though, as Blacklist, AC 4, and Watch_Dogs are all from them.

Ah, interesting. Yeah, hopefully it's more of a those-games-came-first thing rather than a Ubisoft thing :(

The video shows off the HBAO+ well, but it's hard to notice (or not notice) the TXAA without gameplay.

Well AC 4 actually released after BAO, but without knowing more about the development process for the games, that doesn't have to mean anything.

Edit: Just checked the release dates and they initially released were within a week of each other, though the PC version of AC 4 came about a month after BAO.

Well AC 4 actually released after BAO, but without knowing more about the development process for the games, that doesn't have to mean anything.

I thought AC4 went gold first though, but I could be wrong. But you're right, BAO released first.

EDIT: So I went back into my notes on the Montreal event to see if they said anything....apparently the first title to use TXAA was actually AC3. Interesting. Then maybe it is a Ubisoft thing if they've been at it that long :/

• 2 weeks later...

vlcsnap-2014-04-22-17h50m45s87-copy-610x

Preview:

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/watch-dogs-preview-hands-on/

As somebody who loved the Stalker and Land Stalker in Resistance and Ratchet and Clank 4 I think it will be fun :) Shame about the Energy meter, not unlimited fun but I guess it would be more boring that way

Eurogamer preview, SPider Tank at ~6 mins :)

Driving seems weird, not too aboard the hype train

Edited by DanTheGamer11

So who is going to buy this game?

Me definitely :)

Going to get this on PC instead of PS4, I need to see if the maxed out graphics are as good as they say they are :P

I am absolutely buying this game. I am kinda holding my breath though as to whether or not I'm gonna be able to play this at 1440p. AC4 runs really well so I'll just have to see.

Or... this may be the excuse I need to upgrade my GPU's. Oh no! :P

Edited by Crow47

Announcing DLC before the game comes out?

1. Game is already gold.

2. 85% of publishers have been doing that for awhile now.

Not saying it's right, but you shouldn't be surprised.