Ram cooling mods..Post yours here..

THunDA

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my case is pretty big. Almost too big, hard to hide the wires. I am REALLY wanting Zalmans new CPU cooler. It will blow the air, towards the back 120mm, and out of the case. Not just swirl it around as it is now.

I also want AC Silencer for the 7800 series when they release it. I want to push that air out of the case.

Hey, Tyler!

How about a bigger picture of the wife for us vision impaired forum members?

Well... ok.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dfall/pics/Kelbeach.jpg[.img]

Ugh, made a type in the pic.. and I cant edit my posts for some reason. :confused: So here it is again.

Kelbeach.jpg

I also have the Thermaltake Active kit with heat spreaders. I used Arctic Ceramique on the one withough the fan, after I made the mistake of installing the first one with the sticky tape/thermal pad. Does anybody know how to get the heat spreader off without ruining the ram chips? It is attatched with the double-sided tape thermal pad that came with the kit.

Those Thermaltake Active Cooling Kits are ok, but the fan on em is only something silly like 6cfm. I'd mod a better fan on to them if you can.

I was looking at those but i got the Zalman Fan Bracket instead. Using that to hold an 80mm fan above my ram sticks and it works great.

You maybe able to get the heatspreader off by freezing them. Some ppl have had luck removing their heatspreaders by sticking them in the freezer for awhile, it can make them easier to remove. Obviously you'd have to stick them in an airtight bag for freezing.

This mine.

Very simple one(cheap), using the A64 stock fan and cardboard, covered with black vinyl.

ram24ye.th.jpg

But, this afternoon i've made a new one, market in red in this picture.

Using cardboard, again but this time with a 80mm fan.

Sorry, no pictures yet of the new one.

ram19zy.th.jpg

You can see my rig at this thread.

Hey, I know this is offtopic but when I looked at lowfat's setup I just thought "W-T-F";

You've got a V1000 LianLi Case, A "High Performance" Watercooling system, and a mCubed T-balancer; you're Canadian I see, me too and I know this stuff can cost a pretty toonie...then I look at your computer specs?! Haha, what's going on there man?

Just curious.

(PS. I'm talking about CPU/GPU combo, you've got a sheep in wolfs clothing.)

Oh yeah, just so this isn't completely useless to this thread I'm cooling my ram the same way lowfat is, except I put the fan on some dense foam (mousepad) to cut vibration in the case, no pics.

This mine.

Very simple one(cheap), using the A64 stock fan and cardboard, covered with black vinyl.

ram24ye.th.jpg

But, this afternoon i've made a new one, market in red in this picture.

Using cardboard, again but this time with a 80mm fan.

Sorry, no pictures yet of the new one.

ram19zy.th.jpg

You can see my rig at this thread.

nice job felipeV, can you tell us, how did you attach the ram cooling rig to the motherboard?