Ram cooling mods..Post yours here..

THunDA

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks soundx98. Really appreciated for your help. And also, if anyone has any idea to cool down the PWMIC also? I tell you my case is quite hot over there. You know WaveMaster only has one 80mm fan @ the back & the fan sitting on the top of the case is just for style, no effect at all... :sad:

have you tried using Ceramique or AS5 on the Chipset?

If you open the bottom door on the WaveMaster front those two 80mm's will pull a lot more air in. lil screws at top and botton on left side when viewing. Just for some tests open it all they way up and see iof your temps don't 3 degrees at least.

loc.o

How do you mount the fan on that angle form the top of the case? Is the fan directly blowing the PWMIC? Why is that Zalman 123 bracket sitting there for? I don't see any fan attach on it though?

Found them brackets on a native webshop's site.

The 120mm is mounted with doublesided tape to the back of case. Its not directly on pwmic, more on heatsink upper right corner. The second bracket i only use for benching with a fan on chipset/card.

Hey Thunda

Well, after looking carefully...no way will the fans fit with the xp-120....but since I have a massive 120mm panaflo H1A on there it does the job of cooling the RAM, mosfets, etc. The crossflow fan also works amazingly.....if you have the stacker and don't have the crossflow it is almost a waste. I was priming with 2.9v to my RAM last night and felt the spreaders and they felt not even moderately warm, so yay.

But I'm defiitely gonna do the blowhole on top for the 120mm fan....I see what you mean about bending the bracket down looks pretty simple. Any recommendation on a brand for tin ships? What type, size etc? I like the ways yours look so I'm gonna follow whatever you did ;)

Hey tin snips work well.. I used some door edge molding to cover the ruff edges up.. At first it didnt want to bend into a circle.. But nothing heating it up with a lighter didnt fix..hehe

All I had to do was bend the top part of the psu bracket to make room for the 120mm fan.. Took about 2 min's.. very easy..

Hey Thunda

Well, after looking carefully...no way will the fans fit with the xp-120....but since I have a massive 120mm panaflo H1A on there it does the job of cooling the RAM, mosfets, etc. The crossflow fan also works amazingly.....if you have the stacker and don't have the crossflow it is almost a waste. I was priming with 2.9v to my RAM last night and felt the spreaders and they felt not even moderately warm, so yay.

But I'm defiitely gonna do the blowhole on top for the 120mm fan....I see what you mean about bending the bracket down looks pretty simple. Any recommendation on a brand for tin ships? What type, size etc? I like the ways yours look so I'm gonna follow whatever you did ;)

I was gona get the crossflow fan, but I have such good airflow now I figured I would pass on it..

For tin snips, I like the brand "Wiss" the best.. I have them and a pair of craftsman ones and they both work ok but I prefer the Wiss ones better..

They come in right,left and straight cut ones.. You want either the right or left ones to make a circle..

If you have any other questions then either bump up my other thread or shoot me a pm.. :)