Ram cooling mods..Post yours here..

THunDA

I'm sure if you post some interior pics a lot of members will offer suggestions.

I don't think running multiple rigs is wierd at all.

Building rigs and modding them is a blast and keeps me out of the red light district at night :)

There are a lot of forum members running more than one rig.

I know that ExRoadie, cpuz, Thunda, Angry and RGone all have it least 3 ready to bench and use at anyone time. Huge amount of guys (probably most) in forum have at least two PCs.

Now to talk about strange stuff.

How many guys are running eight (8) hard drives like you?

"Darn man why do you need such a lot of HDDs george double underline?" :D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had at least one PC and a laptop for the past 15 years.

The three rigs in my sig run 24/7 in the computer room. I also have a media PC in the living room running 24/7 that captures all of my shows. The only thing on TV that I watch in real-time is news. Everything else is recorded so I can skip the commercials. I can watch a one hour show in 40 minutes and keep the other 20 for myself.

I have older rigs that are only brought out when I need to investigate a certain problem like getting AOL to run on a Win98 system. I still have a running IBM PC 5150 in case I need to go that far back. lol

Having recently changed my cooling from the XP-120 and a Delta 165cfm fan which dealt with the memory modules as well, I am now using the 'attachment' that came with the Lian-Li case. This is the Chrome cover which ducts air from a rear intake fan - I have upgraded the fan to a higher airflow approx. 50cfm and TCCD modules run cool to touch while UTT modules at high Vdimm are warm-cool so works well :D

vapochill112809vi.th.jpg vapochill29zp.th.jpg

Also upgraded the front 120mm intake fan to help the HDD and the side fan keeps the airflow moving across the chipset as the GPUs helping raise the chipset temps. The side fan also keeps the PWMIC temps down as well.

The case also came with a GPU extraction fan but this no longer fits due to the evap hose.

Not as creative as others, just using what is available. :)

It was late, this is what I cooked up in a hurry. Its not elegant, but damn sure does the trick. I also find that sometimes my CPU fan doesn't have to spin as fast either... this dropped the CPU a degree or so. The RAM chips are cool / ambient... no longer the hottest thing in my case.

I used a regular Fan screw (coarse thread).

I did not have much luck with the offset screwdriver you see next to the fan. I had the best luck with the pliers to screw the fan.

sorry for of-topic but i think placing ur fan on ur XP-90 the other way to let it blow on the h/s will make ur life happier

It was late, this is what I cooked up in a hurry. Its not elegant, but damn sure does the trick. I also find that sometimes my CPU fan doesn't have to spin as fast either... this dropped the CPU a degree or so. The RAM chips are cool / ambient... no longer the hottest thing in my case.

I used a regular Fan screw (coarse thread).

I did not have much luck with the offset screwdriver you see next to the fan. I had the best luck with the pliers to screw the fan.

I have a Silverstone TJ06, and a DFI Ultra-D (ofcourse :shake: ), the case has a window, I dont like it anymore... and my RAM needs cooling. So I have decided to remove the window (bloody easy it is, just remove a few bolts :nod: ) and then I will but black mesh in its place and bolt a few (probably 4 :drool: ) 120mm fans to it (2 for the RAM).

Will probably be done in a month or two (due to lack of funds :sad: )

I don't think running multiple rigs is wierd at all.

Building rigs and modding them is a blast and keeps me out of the red light district at night :)

haha, multiple computers isnt weird, rofl.

over the years my dad has been a "factory made" kind of guy, and im the one in the family who likes to take things further by building my own. most new computers in todays world come with a harddrive full of crap that is not something to rave about, especially for beginners who dont know how to format.

in my house we have quite a few computers. ill list all i can

1. pentium 4, 2.6 GHz or something like that (my sisters computer)

2. amd sempron, 1.8 ghz? (another sisters computer)

3. intel celeron, pentium 4 socket, 1.8 GHz (family computer)

4. amd athlon 64, venice, 1.8 GHz (my underconstruction computer)

5. intel pentium 2, like 800 MHz or something (test rig)

6. dell something, 1 GHz? laptop (moms computer)

7. amd sempron, 1.8ghz? (my dads computer)

oh, and one thing... dont ask me about the electrical bill cuz i dont pay for it. :sweat::P

Tom