Ram cooling mods..Post yours here..

THunDA

Hey, I know this is offtopic but when I looked at lowfat's setup I just thought "W-T-F";

You've got a V1000 LianLi Case, A "High Performance" Watercooling system, and a mCubed T-balancer; you're Canadian I see, me too and I know this stuff can cost a pretty toonie...then I look at your computer specs?! Haha, what's going on there man?

Just curious.

(PS. I'm talking about CPU/GPU combo, you've got a sheep in wolfs clothing.)

Oh yeah, just so this isn't completely useless to this thread I'm cooling my ram the same way lowfat is, except I put the fan on some dense foam (mousepad) to cut vibration in the case, no pics.

All those parts i can transfer to my next system. And the reason i am using a Geforce 2 is because the 6800 is being RMA'd at the moment. With the 6800 runs every game out there good enough for the time being. Next year I'll' upgrade the mobo,cpu, and videocard.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice job felipeV, can you tell us, how did you attach the ram cooling rig to the motherboard?

Right now ? Gravity :P It just stand on top of the mb.

But it's not difficult to attach if you use a case, it can be attached to the back of the MB like this. (pic, incredible what you can do with Paint)

black = mb

blue = ramcooler

All those parts i can transfer to my next system. And the reason i am using a Geforce 2 is because the 6800 is being RMA'd at the moment. With the 6800 runs every game out there good enough for the time being. Next year I'll' upgrade the mobo,cpu, and videocard.

Oh, alright.

Yeah I wasn't exactly bashing the Athlon XP-M you've got, I know it can still pull some pretty good performance; it was the video card I was most curious about and you've answered.

Thanks.

well the new computer im planning on building (see sig) will include a sort of ram 'wind tunnel'. i plan to get a length of clear pcv pipe (about 4-5 inches in diameter i think), cut in half to make a semi circle and place that on top of the ram. then im going to put a small fan on either end, one as intake, the other as exhaust. this will hopefully create a windtunnel that should suck in cold air and exhaust the warmer air. im still not sure if i need to actually route the exhaust through a hose and out of the case or not. but thats the idea. the case mod will be comin along pretty soon. my wife has to give me permission to spend more money.... :(