Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guys. I'll be bringing my quad back online tomorrow then! As an added bonus, I'll also be bringing a SECOND quad online to our team. I built a quad core rig for sub $400 this black friday and you'll be reaping the benefits.

Lastly, who the hell is is "JBoys" guy? He's really dropping 2k per day for us without a damn word! Thanks whoever you are!

Hello all,

From Thraxz:

Lastly, who the hell is is "JBoys" guy? He's really dropping 2k per day for us without a damn word! Thanks whoever you are!

I usually don't have much to say. Started folding with the windows client, read up on the SMP client and tried it under windows. It didn't work very well and I lost a bunch of points so took another machine I had sitting here, water cooled with an Opteron 170, and installed Ubuntu 7.10 and then ran the SMP client and after reading and following the write-ups posted here I got it working pretty good. Then read the writeup about VMware and linux and set that up on my main machine, air cooled AMD X2 4400+, with Ubuntu 7.10 and that also works pretty good. It is about 4 minutes slower per percentage point using VMware as opposed to just running Linux, and it takes about 98-100% of the processors time. The 4 minute slowdown may not be due to VMware, it could be other things that I am doing on the Windows side, even tho both processors are running at the same speed. All in all I have come to like Ubuntu a lot, I eventually may use it to replace Windows. There are several other Linux builds that I want to look at, Gentoo is one and I used Fedora Core a while back.

Talk to you Later

Jim

Awesome guys. I'll be bringing my quad back online tomorrow then! As an added bonus, I'll also be bringing a SECOND quad online to our team. I built a quad core rig for sub $400 this black friday and you'll be reaping the benefits.

Thraxz,

Where do you find the daily stats for individuals on our FAH team?

Click on sparky's signature. Then click on thee links on the left for whatever it is you wanna see; team or individual scores, etc.

Just installed on my C2D rig and my Sempron 2400 HTPC, SMP for the C2D of course ;)

Finally broke into the top 10 on the DIY team! Not to to hard with all the inactives *shrug Everytime I leave town for a few days I leave the rig folding. I feel a lot safer doing it with the APC UPS running, power outages don't affect it anymore. Although, now that I think about it I probably should put the router/modem on it to avoid a fold stop due to a dropped network... Did they ever get that bug taken care of?

But hey, that JBoys guy is really cranking! looks like I need to get a few more rigs up and running :P

LOL, totally forgot I started folding again (I just leave the clients on 24/7). Managed to get 3,858 points for 3 WUs within 3 days. :D

I can't believe that this $200 LGA775 setup absolutely kills my $700 S939 rig. I bought a DS3L and a E2160 from dr_bowtie when my SLI-DR died. The CPU is good for 3.36GHz but I keep it at 3GHz so I don't have to crank the fans.