Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

Yeah it is my ISP, always having issues and speed problems.

They promised to upgrade everyone so I will be on a 10Meg connection, but usually after every upgrade it gets slower.

I'll give folding a rest for a bit, got a 3870 on the way but for some reason the retailer (claims) to have had a warehouse server issue. So I have been waiting for 9 days.

My chi energy must be running low (when that happens negative things occur) ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wewt, broke the top 70!

I found another PSU to try to get my AMD rig folding again SMP style so hopefully things will pick up for me in the near future.

Also having a hell of a time getting linux installed with my x1900xt, so once that gets figured out, i should have 2 SMP folders going.

Well, i did a HUGE rework of my machines this weekend. I had enough pieces to make 2 pc's, but not in the fashion i was using them. I have since decided to put my new Intel rig aside as my server and go back to my Opty because the real world performance difference wasnt big but this E2180 folds soooo much better.

Now folding:

Server - Native 64bit Ubuntu 7.10 - 3Ghz 24/7 ~16.5mins per % (2605 WU)

Main - VMware 64bit Ubuntu 7.10 - 2.6Ghz 247 ~2-2.5days per WU. The VMware system clock is farked so i have no clue how long per %, lol <-- machine also takes breaks while im gaming.

Hi EllisD,

I think there is an option on the first page of Vmware Tools to use the system clock to set the time in the terminal window. VMware tools also helped with mouse movements and such, but you have to leave the tools window open. I just right clicked the tools window and selected move to next windw to move it off of the current screen, but you also couldn't close the terminal window that started tools. I took vmware off about 6 weeks ago and just loaded Ubuntu so I can't look it up exactly how I did it. I had two AMD machines running at the same speed, about 2500 mhz or so, and the one running vmware was about 4 minutes per percent slower than the other when running the same project. Good luck with it all.

Jim

Ahh, VMware tools eh? I didnt install those and i saw a little note telling me so in the bottom statusbar. I wlil try installing them and see where that takes me. Thanks.

Wow, thanks for the bump Ellis, I only just noticed that myself. Looks like going away for a weekend really lets the FaH cut loose! Not that I really restrict it anyway, but its cranking away. Wish I could grab the numbers like that jboys47 brings in.

Edit: Bring it on Koolaid!

Yay! This month we topped 450k points, the highest total in the last 7 months!

Man i wish i had a quad, lol. O well, gotta start packin some coin away.

Weeeeeevs! Yea, you! lol... your next on my "to conquer" list muahahahaha!

EDIT: ooo, i missed it earlier, gratz wildman2 on hitting 100k!

:mad: something is messed up and I didnt get credited for 2 WU's on 2 different machines in the last 3 days. It says they completed and uploaded fine, and have since started other WU's, but they never popped up on the stanford site :mad:

Oh well, i will see how they turn out this time around. Got one smp at 56% and another at 35% now....hope they wont be wasted.

Hi EllisD,

I have had that happen to me a couple of times also. Once it was because I put in the wrong user name, jboys instead of jboys47 and entry 141 on the second page with 1523 points shows that mistake, and the second time I entered the wrong team number. Both when setting up the client.cfg file. Hope you find where the points went.

Jim

Im pretty sure everything is setup properly. I only have 3 machines that i fold on and they have been going for a while now with no problems.

It looks like it choked on the results and took a while to process them. I was at 87 WU's earlier with 2 missing, 1 finished today, and another due tomorrow (i think tomorrow, its not in this house) but now my total is up to 90 so it adds up because i dont think the offsite machine would have completed by now. Never had it take that long after submitting to show up.