Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank Ellis.

Got to agree with synergymus, it does jack up the electric cost. And now that it is starting to get warm I have to turn on the AC. It was up to 90 the other day when I got home from work.

I asked my CIO if we could put Folding@Home on our client computers and run it only at night but he wouldn't have any of it. He stated security and a bunch of other stuff. I can kind of see his point, if anyone ever got in (somehow??) thru one of the systems that was folding it would be FOLDING's fault, no matter what. But it would be nice to have another 150-170 computers folding for the team!!

Jim

Hi mr hooke, and thanks for wanting to help us out.

Are you familiar with folding? Or have never done it before? With a machine like yours, you have a few different ways to go about it. How often is your machine idle in a day? Do you leave it on all the time? Answer those 2 questions and we can start the method thats right for your habits.

Its late though, and im sleepy.

*note to self, definitive f@h guide -_-*

Muahahaha, top 20 !

BTW, i believe the stanford page had some troubles today. The stats werent updating for a while. They seem to be now but the EOC stats page still isnt up to date. It has the info for up to 6am today i think.

• 2 weeks later...