Sign in to follow this  
RedDem0n

Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

Daaym jboys, your droppin points like mad (as usual :P)

Gratz on the 600k!

We've almost got 500k points for the month, gogogogo!

I think there is something wrong somewhere. Last night is the second time that I have picked up more points than I could account for. It shows that at on 3/31/08 at 12:00 AM I got 6832 points and I don't know where they came from. Unless these are points that were earned previously and that I didn't get credit for. I don't keep a real close watch but I do look at it from time to time.

I definetly think there was a hiccup somewhere. It says i submitted 3 SMP WU's yesterday, which isnt possible at all. The ones that i thought were "lost" were from last week and it seems they are now found.

Im curious jboys, how many rigs do you have folding? And whats in them?

I am folding on the following machines:

DFI-DR, Opteron 170, Ubuntu 7.10, takes 18 min, 05 seconds per percent

DFI-Expert, X2 4400+, Ubuntu 7.10, takes about 21 min. 09 seconds per percent

Abit IP35V, Q6600, Ubuntu 7.10, instance 1 takes about 11 min. 33 seconds per percent, instance 2 takes about 11 min. 27 seconds per percent

DFI P35, Q6600, Vista 64, takes about 9 min. 11 seconds per percent

IBM laptop, Windows 2003 Server, takes about 1 hr, 5 min, 33 sec per percent

I am giving the DFI-DR machine to my grandson in a couple of weeks and will probably give the DFI-Expert machine to my son soon.

What are you using?

Jim

Ahhh, no wonder your droppin the points you are, lol. Thats a nice little collection of rigs.

I have the 2 rigs in my sig, and i fold on my rig at work.

-E2180 @ 3ghz using 64bit Ubuntu 7.10 and the SMP client gets about 16mins 30 seconds per %

-Opty 165 @ 2.6ghz in 32bit XP gets ~30mins per % via VMware and 64bit ubuntu 7.10. Right now im trying to find a good way to fold SMP by booting off a USB drive. VMware has been a bit flakey for me so im looking for a straight linux alternative. I can boot off the thumb drive just fine, but the one link i followed (dont remember it atm) stalled at "starting instance 1" so that was a no go. I have thought about dual booting it, but i have had HUGE headaches trying to get any linux distro (even live cd's) to boot with my x1900xt. They all start to a black screen...

-Pentuim D 3.0ghz using WinXP 32bit does about 45mins per % on the SMP client. Ive tried to tweak it faster but just doesnt like it. Its only finished 1 SMP WU so far with a second due in a few hours. It doesnt make the preferred deadline but makes the final one by ~10hrs. Because of that, im gonna have to take it off SMP, or maybe just stop all together.

My next 2 projects include watercooling my AMD rig (within this next month for sure) and building a quad system.

EDIT: Woot! Grats on 500k points for the month everyone!

ohh. Ok. As son as I get me a new hard drive for my spare rig. I PROMISE I will start folding again.

And maybe when I get a dual core int his rig.

Both of the AMD rigs are OCd a little, maybe 300-400 mhz. The Abit IP35V (low end IP35 board) and the Q6600 is at 3.1gh and the DFI P35 and the Q6600 is at 3.245. It looks like a lot of people get 3.6 ghz or higher out of thier Q6600 but I think I would have to water cool both of them to even try to get that high. I have picked up some parts to water cool the DFI P35 but just haven't got to it yet.

I ended up taking VMware off because of problems and I didn't like the way the cursor moved at all. It also lengthens the time per % and I like Ubuntu pretty much so it was an easy decision to remove VMWare.

Jim

Well i was just checking out the FAH forums and they mentioned something about the 2619 WU's (the new core a2) not registering properly. This was about a week ago (24th) so i wouldnt doubt that was the problem with the missing WU's.

@ sparky: Every bit of help counts :D

Its good to know about the 2619 WU. I have been getting it quite a bit.

Jim

haven't jawjacked with you'll for awhile thought I'd drop by a say whats up. I check the points every so often to make sure y'all aren't slacking off though!!!!

Keep on Folding!!!

Heya synergymus :)

In case anyone is interested (and just uses the "Last Post" link from the forums instead of actually going into the section) i have come across a great little tool for either dedicated folders (that are not used for anything else), or machines that get very little use (like my main rig, im only on it for tops ~5hrs a day) and wanna get a little more production. Best of all, no dual booting or running other operating systems is involved and it can all be run off a USB drive (as long as you can boot from USB) or a CDROM.

Here is some Linkage

Brought my Opty machine from ~28mins per % in vmware to ~18mins per % on the SMP client :)

Hi Synergymus,

How long have you been folding? It shows that you have over 4300 WUs. That is quite an accomplishment.

EllisD,

I am going to give the USB drive a try, maybe this weekend if I get a chance. It looks pretty good.

Jim