Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

Well, I'm currently folding for team maximum pc. Angry_Games, if anything I think you should create a poll with SETI and Folding @ Home . See which one gets more vote and start up a team based on the results, or you can just create two teams for both of them with the DFI name and let users choose which one they want to participate in. I myself have been folding for seti for more then 4+ years now with the last 3 computers I've had..but recently I figured you know searching for aliens or donating all the unused maximum power your pc has to medical research to help find ways to cure diseases that each and every people in the world has been affected by weather its someone in their family or not...I think the possibilities are endless and more of a chance thats why I moved to folding @ home. So I would be all up for it, and I know we have a huge community here in DFI with all the overclocked PC's I am sure we can get somewhere in the top 50 in no time.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...pick something to fold for...I'm partial to aliens...some are partial to cancer...

I'll give you my slight argument (plus I am going to merge threads with the big folding thread already)

I figure there's enough already folding for disease research that I would rather continue to fold for alien life...cuz you know...if we could find aliens, I bet they would either

A. come down and cure all our diseases

B. come down and kick our asses back into the stone age

C. come down and get mugged while travelling to the U.N. to give us a cure which would start an interstellar war

D. end up being fat lazy and useless after the found the television remote and 2,023 channels of crap on cable

E. who knows

good choices eh?

you choose

ESCAPE FROM THE PRISON PLANET!

(Clutch, c.1995 or something...great song, find it!)

so whats the consensus...folding yes or folding no?

what/who should we fold for?

if prizes are awarded does everyone agree that I get them and will share nothing with you?

;)

folding = yes

what for = disease

I have a 24/7 server too, and i'd be proud to do it for the dfi team!

PS: I wanted to say aliens, but the probability was just shy of disease. lol.

I would love it if somewhere in this thread, someone would explain what folding is... :confused: I think I kind of get it, but a through explanation would be AWESOME.Thanks!

have a looksiedoodle, HERE

EDIT: link is for proteins/disease NOT ALIENS!! lol!

I would love it if somewhere in this thread, someone would explain what folding is... :confused: I think I kind of get it, but a through explanation would be AWESOME.

Thanks!

Folding is specific to the program, Folding@Home, a program designed by Stanford to study how cancer cells fold, or more accurately how they misfold. When protein cells misfold, it becomes a cancerous cell.

Whether you are analyzing alien radio signals or folding proteins all these programs are distributed computing programs. They tap into CPU time that is not being used by the computer to do their work. By allowing everyone to run the distributed computing programs, they create a massive world wide super computer.