Folding for DIY-Street - Team: DIY-Street - Team #45454 (disease)

RedDem0n

298 members have voted

1. 1.

• Aliens
    • Disease
    • because Angry has a straight-flush and you only got 2 pair
    • other (please post...I don't know what else to fold for besides aliens/disease)

Guest DrAgO

what the hell is folding :|, how the crap does it have anything to do with cancer?!!!?!? WHAT IS IT, WHAT IS THE POINT OF IT, HOW CAN A PROGRAM HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FIGHTING DISEASE... lol someone please tell me, ive tried getting an anwser from OCC but there just... *no comment*

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell is folding :|, how the crap does it have anything to do with cancer?!!!?!? WHAT IS IT, WHAT IS THE POINT OF IT, HOW CAN A PROGRAM HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FIGHTING DISEASE... lol someone please tell me, ive tried getting an anwser from OCC but there just... *no comment*

OK I will bike. The body is made of proteins in fact genes the part of the body that controls everything is made of protein. When cells divide like they do constantly they have to make copies of themselvs they start strait but fold together to make up complex proteins needed not live ie muscle strands. If one molicule is not copied right is will not fold correctly and can pass on that mistake to others. You cant see how a molicule is folded you have to se what it is made of and make soe guesses. That is one example of how folding can be help. You can make drugs that connect to the folded protein or alter the proten too that can slow down cancer etc. Hope it hellped it is not the easest thing to explain and I am not the best with words.

yea, ive got 2 computers on the job now (PIII 900 laptop, P4 2.6Ghz dell) and i may have a 2.2Ghz Barton if everything with my Mobo works. not to mention when i get to school i can have about ~20 P4 3Ghz, and a dual cpu 2Ghz opteron server folding and about 50 PIII 500Mhz computers, already got it cleared with the admin, but knowing them they prolly to lazy to set the firewalls to allow a conection :(

quit NOW, i'm not kidding.

dont go preachin to someone now

i smoke but i dont advocate smoking but i dang sure dont want to hear another adult telling me (who is an adult also) to do this or that...we smokers know its not healthy...but we choose to do it anyway...just like some of your habits are probably not healthy (everyone has some unhealthy habits...no one is immune!).

live your life like you want to live...you know the consequences...I know i could end up on an oxygen tank one day...but I accept this risk.