NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Sorry my mistake.....I mean the DQ reduction, I think thats the name of it. Thats the same setting as Data Drive strength on the A64 register. well technically windows utilities read their data directly from the proccessors registers and not from the BIOS. Thats why older system info utilities can properly display a lot of specs even if the BIOS or MB might be brand new. My guess is that somehow when I change these settings the BIOS is not changing the appropriate registers on the chip. but as for why it can't be change from windows, I am clueless. Programs like A64 tweaker directly change the "on-chip" registers via hardware drivers so the BIOS isn't even part of the equation

Okey dokey...wherever they read from I don't believe/trust them. I know the settings are working because they directly effect wether or not I'm stable...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do 1gb ram sticks not overclock as good as 512mb sticks?

Should i get 2x1024 sticks or 4x512?

It used to just be that larger amounts of ram dont clock as well... But Some of todays ram is getting better at clocking.. You may want to try looking at some memory manufactures forums.. and see what problems , and with what ram. and get a concensous. from there... A very good person to ask would be OCZTony..At OCZ's forums.. I am just saying this because I think he also has this Board.. And that is his job Support.. And may be able to give a better understanding.. But he will be partial to OCZ ram.. HEHEH also his job

A_G hope it was ok to refere that forum.. And TONY

It really shouldn't...I doubt the AGP 67/68 is causing the freeze. You have bigger issues elsewhere causing your OC woes.

You seem to be "stuck"... ;) I would clear cmos for awhile. Put that one stick of ram in slot one. Load optimzed defaults. Reboot and set hammer to whatever your default multi is. Set agp to 67 and ldt to 3X. Set vcore to +.4 and vdimm to 2.90v. Boot to windows and run A64. Print screen or write down all settings. Reboot to bios and set "all" memory timings manually.

Are you able to change default voltage without machine crashing? And are you still using bios 602?

By setting Ldt to 3x and leaving HTT @ 200 arent i underclocking something? I leave VID Control at pass through and i dont really play with it to much. Yes im still using 602 bios (default)

By setting Ldt to 3x and leaving HTT @ 200 arent i underclocking something? I leave VID Control at pass through and i dont really play with it to much. Yes im still using 602 bios (default)

Do not worry about ldt. If you WANT to overclock ldt must be lowered. If you WANT to overclock voltage needs to be increased...

Do not worry about ldt. If you WANT to overclock ldt must be lowered. If you WANT to overclock voltage needs to be increased...

With Cpu Vid pass through and +.4, mem 2.9v, HT 3x, HTT 200, AGP 67mhz it locks in 2001se. i guess it really doesnt like 67mhz

maybe i should try one of these new bios that "like" low latency memory? 7/05 or 7/11?

hey guys

i finally got that beasty board and i had lots of problems including constant crashing in games and even in windows at stock settings. After i let it burn for a while ( 1 week of crashes and tears) lol :shake: , it kinda loosened up and i had the chance to OC a lil bit. i probably wont get too far cuz of my memory but im more than satisfied with my results... (see sig) i got up to 270HTT, but i set it back a little bit just in case.... Most of my problems went away as soon as i set the AGP Frequency to 68MHz :nod: . if that didnt work i was going to flash to 711. since my system is really stable now, my question is should i still go ahead and flash to 711 or should i hold on? :confused:

I like it , however my chipset fan just died. I'll just run it w/o...

mines fine...but i've been thinking of replacing it with a Zalman fanless....im gonna get one for my MCE PC, so might aswell get one for this too...

anyone else have the Zalman chipset cooler on this board???

i saw something about the Vantec (or something) one...but not the zalman...

yeah, not really thinking about temp....just to lower noise...

but i want to make sure it fits on the board before i buy it...

and i'll be ordering on-line, so i can't get one, and then get another one (well, i can, but i'll have to pay shipping!)

246 pages is a few too many to read so....is this board still one to avoid? A little tweaking I don't mind, but I have no interest in purchasing a headache.

I'd say it has improved a lot.

Mine's a dream . . . but I haven't OCed A LOT yet :D