NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bobyjo

If you guys wanted the games to run smooth.

Get yourselfs a Radeon, the new one of course. The latest is supposed to be available late summer. This is sorta late summer, so it should be available soon. Too bad I won't be encluded in getting one. This is why I am using this board, I simply could not afford another $500 video card. O well this is fun. I haven't played any games on mine as yet, but soon will be. I still am using a new board and need to run some tests before starting the hard core stuff. HaHa I am not knocking your card. Just trying having some fun.

seevip... dont shoot me... relax

We all know that greediness can lead to unpleasant surprises.*

All quiet on the Western (bf42) front which i played for 2,5 years and moved on to BF2.

I also prepared a good pc to play this game at least for a couple of years.

From experience i know that there is no need for mega mega fps, but a steady 50/60 frames

and most of the eyecandy on is preferable to enjoy "a" game.

It is a fact that (at the moment) BF2 is far from a perfect game and some good patches are needed

for this buggy game.

*Your setup is more then perfect to play BF2.

I play BF2 (see sig) graka not overclocked with no problems @ 1280x960 (crt)

lightning and shadows medium although wish i had 2048MB ram for loading speeds.

Fastwrite and sideband on.

A fact is also that BF2 is very sens on overclocking especially on vid-cards, have you

tried stock settings and run the game? Dual screenies can also mess up your fps.

Saying this mobo stinks combined with your other great components is as you know bull.

So just for your peace of mind, try stock settings for your vid-card and play on one monitor..remove the second

monitor.

I only have a little stutter at the start of a mp-game 20 seconds and runs great after....

Another 2x1Gb will only come if EA doesnt fix the mem-hog bug in a month or so.

Conclusion BF2 is not ready, read all the trouble people are having and the most of them dont own a DFI nF3 ultra ;)

Where did you get the idea it is limited to 72fps. Even i have 80fps+ when im flying. People have averages of 90's. in CS i get 110+? It is also not about what your average is, we are really worried about what our minimum is , which effects gameplay, when your average is a lot higher its a half decent way to judge how decent it will be under heavy loads.

Someone told you? "said playing online is like a player on a voodoo3 carD?" yeah mate, you are just throwing yourself again here.

P3 with good connection can easily win the game?. P3 and a geforce6800ultra will not even get you over 28fps max in bf2. Why are you throwing yourself so hard. What are you giong to do with a 100 gigabit connection when you get 8fps everytime there is more than 5 people in the area while shooting.

(my duron 1.3ghz oced using kingmax pc150ram, + geforce6800gt oced, was running bf2 @ 27fps max, would go under 15fps most of the time, this is at super low quality everything minimum 800x600.

Playing online in BF2 gives you more FPS than offline. Unless you play by yourself with no bots.

Did you ever think hard that maybe just fcuking maybe we already have good connections? Where is this bull crap you are spitting coming from?

If you guys wanted the games to run smooth.

Get yourselfs a Radeon, the new one of course. The latest is supposed to be available late summer. This is sorta late summer, so it should be available soon. Too bad I won't be encluded in getting one. This is why I am using this board, I simply could not afford another $500 video card. O well this is fun. I haven't played any games on mine as yet, but soon will be. I still am using a new board and need to run some tests before starting the hard core stuff. HaHa I am not knocking your card. Just trying having some fun.

I got a x800pro @x800xtpe spec...

280x9 ran bf2 for 3 hours no problem, looks like i may have found a stable setting.

seevip... dont shoot me... relax

We all know that greediness can lead to unpleasant surprises.*

All quiet on the Western (bf42) front which i played for 2,5 years and moved on to BF2.

I also prepared a good pc to play this game at least for a couple of years.

From experience i know that there is no need for mega mega fps, but a steady 50/60 frames

and most of the eyecandy on is preferable to enjoy "a" game.

It is a fact that (at the moment) BF2 is far from a perfect game and some good patches are needed

for this buggy game.

*Your setup is more then perfect to play BF2.

I play BF2 (see sig) graka not overclocked with no problems @ 1280x960 (crt)

lightning and shadows medium although wish i had 2048MB ram for loading speeds.

Fastwrite and sideband on.

A fact is also that BF2 is very sens on overclocking especially on vid-cards, have you

tried stock settings and run the game? Dual screenies can also mess up your fps.

Saying this mobo stinks combined with your other great components is as you know bull.

So just for your peace of mind, try stock settings for your vid-card and play on one monitor..remove the second

monitor.

I only have a little stutter at the start of a mp-game 20 seconds and runs great after....

Another 2x1Gb will only come if EA doesnt fix the mem-hog bug in a month or so.

Conclusion BF2 is not ready, read all the trouble people are having and the most of them dont own a DFI nF3 ultra ;)

I do think your right about that, but the 7800 runs about 45 fps faster then an x850xtpe and you gota love that, only problem is that I just got this mobo 2 weeks ago :( now i need to upgrade mobo again if i got pci-e but what can you do. I think maybe i can tweak the game some more as I really want to wait for the r520 but i did read somewhere that it was may only have 16 pipe has they are having problem with it..... sorry for going to topic

I think the cheaper "LE" has been proven on this board...Rgone is using it and so is Rebelshaven. For about a hundred bucks less I'm using Patriot XBLK's and getting similar results to the "LE"...5 to 10 more mhz's are not worth the extra hundred dollars...I also have some OCZ PC4800 ram that doesn't perform as well as the Patriots...with shipping and tax I paid close to 360.00 dollars for some really pretty heat spreaders :D

Just for future reference and an endorsement of the Patriot "XBLK" memory, I'm testing a ABIT AN8-Ultra now, and the Patriot outclocks the G.Skill "LE" on it!

I can't get any setting to save in the two new bios (705? or 711). What am I doing wrong? It keeps going to default at 269FSB and locking up at boot before rebooting at 200FSB (but still set at 269 in bios). What am I doing wrong?

Guest bobyjo

I just couldn't stand it any longer. The system with 602 bios was running great, but the memory was running at 2T default. I thought I would try the new bios. I flashed to the 711 bios this morning and everything is the same as far as stability and whatever. Memory is running at 1T now and the system is much quicker in response than it was using the 602 bios. I guess the 711 bios is a good thing for DFI. I see there are a lot of persons reporting that the 711 bios is running good on thier systems. I installed a couple of games this morning but have not played much. I did play some MaxPayne 2 and everything was great.

I can't get any setting to save in the two new bios (705? or 711). What am I doing wrong? It keeps going to default at 269FSB and locking up at boot before rebooting at 200FSB (but still set at 269 in bios). What am I doing wrong?

First things first...put a signature together so we know what you are running...use mine or anyone elses as an example.